Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: todays effort  (Read 1811 times)

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
todays effort
« on: October 17, 2013, 10:26:00 PM »
No rain or wind, in fact it’s actually quite nice, a touch nippy but it’s gotta be done.

A quick stop off at the butcher and an hour later my wings were in brine and the pork chops had been prepped, one with sage, onion and covered in garlic butter, the other rubbed with jerk seasoning.

I also decided to try some potato bombs, I stuffed them with some fresh chorizo and a Mexican chilli cheese, then obviously a wrap of bacon.

For this cook the 57 came out to play, I have still not finished it off yet, I’m waiting for a rainy day, but I just got to use it.

So, starter lit, beer opened, a bud, seems to go ok with grilling, have got something else to accompany the food.

Coals onto grill, another beer opened cos now we’re cooking, well maybe not but hey, the beer’s cold.

I left it for around 20 minutes then on went the spud bombs and some wings.

Whilst they were doing their thing I made my sauce, I have given up on rubs for now, I’m missing something and just cannot get them as I want, the jerk I’m using is a shop bought one, pretty good, but tame.

So it went as I wanted, the wings were spot on, the spud bombs were excellent, despite the fact that the bacon fell off, can’t wait to do some more of those.

The pork chops, well I can’t fault them, tasty and juicy, and accompanied by a couple of these.

Overall, I’m happy, and stuffed.

ray.
I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
Re: todays effort
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 02:43:32 AM »
Lookin' good Ray.  Grilling is always better with a dog.

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2013, 05:20:38 PM »
Great looking cook Ray!!! We've gotta try those potato bombs. What is sticking out of the potatoes? WeberMD is right...its always better grillin with your dog. 8)

Slainte!
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

GC8

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2013, 07:37:34 PM »
Spud bombs, eh? 

And I'll echo the thought that grilling is 100x better with a good dog.
'79 22.5" Brownie - '00 Black SS Performer - '03 Green OTP - SJS Mini-WSM - Jumbo Joe - 22.5" Happy Cooker - '07 SJS

smokeyjoeuk-ray

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2013, 10:08:22 PM »
thanks for the replies, the dog enjoys me grilling, she knows it usually means something for her.

What is sticking out of the potatoes?
it the end's of the core, the filling pushed them out, toothpicks next time.

ray.

I need a red head in my life, and a roti ring.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2013, 12:32:20 PM »
I am liking everything here ... nicely done!

You haven't cleaned up the green yet, but, it has a nice shine / gloss to it. Keep on cookin'!  :D :D
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.