Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: First big Craigslist score!  (Read 3563 times)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Re: First big Craigslist score!
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2013, 03:09:48 AM »
Greg is a standup guy! DD's are the best. Enjoy the new kettle :)

Double D's are very nice Lawrence, my favorite actually!  ;D

Nice teamwork guys and congrats on the  new grill.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2013, 03:57:34 AM »
I have removed many a baked-on vinyl decal off cars and a heat gun is the way to go. Start in one corner and use heat just in front of the area your pulling on. Your going to want to pull and just in front of where its coming up apply heat.Direct the heat blast away from what your pulling on or it will get really soft and tear on your hand. Possibly could just heat the backside of the stainless. Then use and adhesive solvent(goo gone) to remove remaining adhesive. Wagner makes an awesome heatgun for $39 at home depot. Has a digital temp adjustment, high and low blower, and a cool down feature.

http://m.homedepot.com/p/Wagner-Digital-Heat-Gun-0503040/203474822/

I also just picked up an SS performer. When I took it apart I found blockage in gas pipe due to ashes getting in there and possible grease. It was pretty hard packed. And the starter had goop buildup also. I just removed the single Phillips head screw and used a shop rag to clean the spark tip and some light sand paper to clean up the ground point "eye connector" and around the gas tube where it all mounts. Reassemble.. Fires first time every time now.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2013, 04:33:03 AM »
Nice score and teamwork.

Weber MD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2013, 07:40:03 AM »
Another great story.  Good luck with the restore GC8 and plz sends pics if you get a chance.