Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Some days you have the blues..  (Read 6022 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Some days you have the blues..
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2013, 04:45:15 PM »
Target acquired! One blemish on the bowl about the size of a nickel and a few dings on the edge of the lid rim. The ash sweep works and the ash pot is solid which was my biggest worry. It's dirty and needs handles and a leg end cap everything else is there. It's a beauty!!

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."

Bingo !!!!

the rim of the lid is from those hard-assed bale rollers, I'm pretty sure.....careful rolling the lid back......
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2013, 05:08:58 PM »
Nice, I love the MT! Second best Kettle Weber has made. ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2013, 05:27:44 PM »
Nice, I love the MT! Second best Kettle Weber has made. ;)

You must mean that the Red MT is the best of course.

G$

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2013, 05:33:12 PM »
Oh, one more thing, "A little bit of chattiness is fine but ......yadda yadda yadda"

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Some days you have the blues..
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2013, 06:48:16 PM »
So it's home and joined the family. Vent code is EE so it's a 1999. Upon further inspection there is on spot on the lid nothing big though. I really like the lid bale position on the back of the kettle rather than the side like a performer. So the good news is it will clean up great. The bad news is unless a 26er pops up I'm done collecting for awhile as the boss has put me on hold.

Can't wait to clean it up!

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

edhead35

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 03:07:55 AM »
Can't wait to see it with new wood

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
Some days you have the blues..
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 02:13:00 PM »
So I've got it cleaned up and ready to cook on. This grill was super dirty, he must have had a big dirt spot in his yard. There was blown dust everywhere!
This is going to be my main cooker so I didn't go to over board on it. I was low on steel wool so I decided to paint the legs white,  and the pot and triangle blue. I didn't want to disturb the ash sweeper on this since I can't replace it really easy. The ash ring is still a bit dull but that's ok with me. The handles will be replaced soon with some from Brian but for the time being I stole the ones off of homer so I can use the grill.

Thanks for checking it out! May the blues be with you!!

MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2015, 12:52:23 PM »
well THIS thread is worth a dusting-off!

Add me to the Hendrix is god (sorry, eric) fan club. I'm into it seriously, even more than Weber kettles, I have to admit.   :(

buckie! lol. you suck! you saw '70 hendu...farkin A man.

I have a boom box in the bathroom w/ a cassette I made maybe 30 yrs ago of mostly 69-70 tunes/outtakes. MGun, JAM 292, Come Down Hard On Me, Still Raining, Still Dreaming/Rainy Day, Dream Away, Pali Gap, Ezy Ryder, Izabella, Highway Chile...etc etc. It starts my every day.

One of my sisters saw him in Hartford, not sure if it was '67 or '68. My brother saw the Doors at a bar in NYC in one of the their first east coast shows- a record promo thing- in late fall '66. He brought me back a promo copy of Break On Through b/w End Of the Night. I was 10.

Anyway..........yeah, I like the blues too

hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2015, 01:53:01 PM »
A Blue MT will turn any day around!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2015, 02:36:05 PM »
I also love me a Blue MT...any Blue for that matter...but @1buckie got to see Jimi??? Oh my. You lucky charcoal person you!!! Good to read as I would have been 4 and unable to appreciate the spectacle. Being run down by a car carrying Jerry would be unfortunate but cool. And @zavod44 you are correct in that Voodoo Child...the Hendrix or Stevie Ray version....can never be too loud......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OTvz1lJzmI

And to think that I actually spent a good year of my life with a woman who considered Hendrix, "so much more noise". I just turned it up louder so all I had to put up with was her mouth moving.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2015, 02:56:14 PM »
A Blue MT will turn any day around!!
I agree! :)
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2015, 05:24:04 AM »
That blue is glorious!
Like the trips down memory lane too
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 05:28:09 AM by WNC »

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2015, 08:32:08 AM »
Oh man SRV oh got me going today, read this post and put on his Pandora station all day at work. Wished I would have been old enough to go to one of his concerts before he passed. My uncle tried to take me to one but my parents said I was to young. I was seven when he tried too.
Cool thread! I also enjoy SRV, he was definitely one of the best guitar players to ever live! I did have the privilege to see him perform. Unfortunately it was his last performance ever. It was Alpine Valley 1990 , Eric Clapton was the headliner with a load of great guitarist, kind of like a guitar fest - Jeff Healy, Robert Cray, Stevie Ray Vaughan! Stevie blew them all off the stage. It ended up being a sad day because the helicopter he was riding in crashed killing all passengers.  His music will live forever.
May The Smoke Be With You!

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2015, 08:34:17 AM »

Nice!!!!

That will fix up to be tip-top...... 8)

"The guitar master Stevie Ray Vaughan live in Nashville"

Didn't respond 'cause it got me goin' on a little research project.......

when I saw Hendrix @ Cal Expo.....4/26/70.......

Very Cool you are one of the lucky ones!
May The Smoke Be With You!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2015, 10:28:03 AM »
Nice blue kettles in this thread.

@1buckie  did you snap that picture of Hendrix, too? That's really great.

A friend and I saw SRV on his last tour. Sat up outside on a hill somewhere, forgot the venue. He opened for Joe Cocker but we didn't come to see (nor stay for, much) Joe Cocker ... who was of course really good, just not at all what we were into.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch