Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Craycourt Cast Iron - 18" Jumbo Joe  (Read 438 times)

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
Craycourt Cast Iron - 18" Jumbo Joe
« on: January 04, 2022, 03:50:55 AM »
After months, and months, and months of emails, and being patient, I am throwing in the towel.

Craycourt kept telling me that the grates would be available in a month. That was over 6 months ago. Emailed them recently, no response as of today.

I wanted one for the Jumbo Joe.

And it looks like no one else makes one in this size.

Any ideas?
2021 Bluebonnet Brewoff Winner
1st Place Gold Medal - Munich Helles
1st Place Gold Medal - Oktoberfest

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Re: Craycourt Cast Iron - 18" Jumbo Joe
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 05:55:00 AM »
Love all my Craycorts, but if I’m being honest with myself, the design of the 18.5” grates with the 3 removable sections isn’t ideal.  Quarter sections like the 22” and 26”, or half sections like the SJ or GA grates would’ve been better, especially when paired with the 18.5” SnS basket. 

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 06:08:33 AM »
Love all my Craycorts, but if I’m being honest with myself, the design of the 18.5” grates with the 3 removable sections isn’t ideal.  Quarter sections like the 22” and 26”, or half sections like the SJ or GA grates would’ve been better, especially when paired with the 18.5” SnS basket.

The removable sections do not apply for us. This will only be used for steaks, in a super-hot and fast grilling. Most of the time using the Jumbo Joe, it is grilling two steaks, for myself and my wife.
We will not have a need to add charcoal during the cook.

What is up with Craycourt?

TXFlyGuy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2022, 12:36:52 PM »
Just heard back from Craycourt today. They advised it is hoped to have this in stock by April. We will see. 10 months ago they were telling me it will be here next month. Next month. Next month…