Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: It now has a brother, and something for our timeline guys to figure out?  (Read 4841 times)

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Well, it not s easy pickings lately. I won't reiterate...But I get a find today. Luckily it didn't hit an app...
It is in very good condition and was used probably once. The it became a place to hide cigarette butts.
It must have been stored outside, as it has some deck stain splatter, not to tough for 0000. 10 minute clean for a photo op. I did not do the legs, but I did find they were painted black originally.

Handle of the B, double rivot, and handle in my opinion installed incorrect.

Handle of E, my first "The One, The Only" handle.

Side by side, this is what I found interesting...There is a change? Notice the lip and bowl contour.

And, just because...

« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 06:40:53 PM by glrasmussen »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
Nice smokeys....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

Craig

• WKC Mod
Those are cool!

My 3 wheeler has '83 "E" vents, but my lid has no letter.  :-\
I have also seen '83 SJ's with the next leg/ashpan style identical to my '88 K SJ.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
Those are cool!

I have also seen '83 SJ's with the next leg/ashpan style identical to my '88 K SJ.

I have the K to, NIB, copy cat. ;)

Chasing_smoke

• WKC Ranger
It now has a brother, and something for our timeline guys to figure out?
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2013, 07:01:17 PM »
Very nice joes! I love that dark handled color both look great! I'm hoping to find an E one if these days since that was the year I was born. I'm kinda nostalgic that way lol.

"my kettle is more powerful it will do almost anything."
MH Copper mist, Daisy Wheel P, Homer Simpson OTG, Blue 18, Blue Mastertouch, SJS, Genesis Sliver B, Red 18 Bar-b-q-kettle Pat Pending, Copper performer

Craig

• WKC Mod
Those are cool!

I have the K to, NIB, copy cat. ;)

Mine was NIB until I broke it in this year as a mini WSM.

Craig

• WKC Mod
Very nice joes! I love that dark handled color both look great! I'm hoping to find an E one if these days since that was the year I was born. I'm kinda nostalgic that way lol.

Its always fun to find one from the year you were born. My 22 Copper mist is as old as me.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Great find on the 3 wheels SJ's... I've got to get my hands on a 3 wheeler one of these days!  And I absolutely love the "The One, The Only" handle. Congrats!
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Its always fun to find one from the year you were born. My 22 Copper mist is as old as me.

Where ARE all the 1955 kettles.....?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer

Where ARE all the 1955 kettles.....?

I would like to know also? I have what I think is a 59/60? But until I get some wheels, no pictures.
Hoping not long, so I can have a family photo for the "New Red" thread... :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Nice lookin' Joes.....are you talking about the shape of the lid lip?

22's have at least two different contours also.......the ridge for the grate is obvious, but the other is nowhere near as noticeable....good eye.... ;D

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer

Nice lookin' Joes.....are you talking about the shape of the lid lip?

22's have at least two different contours also.......the ridge for the grate is obvious, but the other is nowhere near as noticeable....good eye.... ;D

Buckie the bitten bowl. Countour and there is lip for grate,  the E on the right. Now I am getting OCD...

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Who took a bite outta the bowl?

Better git that OCD in check !!!

In the very last pic, where the lid curves down to meet the lip, the angle in which it tapers off to the dropoff......is at a different angle in different years.....just something I've noticed on my 22's.....are we on the same page, or is OCD now contagious via the InterToob ?

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer

Who took a bite outta the bowl?

Better git that OCD in check !!!

In the very last pic, where the lid curves down to meet the lip, the angle in which it tapers off to the dropoff......is at a different angle in different years.....just something I've noticed on my 22's.....are we on the same page, or is OCD now contagious via the InterToob ?

Something called Weberitis? The one one left is more buoy shaped. The one on the right has the HC ring. Well I convinced the bride it is not a duplicate, now it is in the stable.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Glrasmussen, as of 1983 weber was still stamping the lower bowl without a ridge for the 1880 wsm. The changeover probably happened that year as you point out. How does the cooking grate sit in the non ridges one? Does it also have welded grate tabs?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791