Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grail unlocked, secured and safe in the weber orphanage  (Read 2727 times)

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Grail unlocked, secured and safe in the weber orphanage
« on: June 21, 2020, 03:04:10 PM »
Most know that self, like others, lusted after adding a boobie to my cooking rotation. A few months back I made a post actively seeking a Chestnut Coppertone to give self as a pat on the back for reaching 10 years of sobriety on July 4th... a few weeks back whilst on a taci run I recieved a message on forum of a 63 that was found in an old hunting camp trailer in Northern Wisconsin.  Said kettle was headed to ebay in the near future until the messenger saw my post. Numbers were exchanged and I was yold I'd get pics in a few days... like clockwork my phone awakens with pictures of a 63 Wood Dale my excitement, heartbeat and blood pressure skyrocketing as I drool through them. I respond stating that if we could come to an agreement the satisfied both parties he could consider it sold. After messaging a very small number if others I replied with an offer and to cover shipping, then I waited, not a long wait but as I am an impatient fuck, let's just say it was. Seller response of that sounds good but let me get you the pictures of the legs, triangle and wheels first before finalizing... impatient I am, see above. A few days pass, possibly only one and I message the seller I am ready to paypal and again was asked to wait to see all pictures before finalizing. I send apologies as to my impatience due to my excitement amd receive note that its non problematic and completely understandable. The Friday comes around and I start my morning to the final pictures and information for packing box dimensions and weight and paypal. Also that it was in process of packaging and if I could get it done it could be dropped at ups same day. Here is where my impatience pays off. I quickly handle all sides of my responsibilities and inform the seller and email him the label, hours pass and pictures roll in of lable and tracking number. A week passes and the kettle arrives safely, although the UPS driver tried really hard to not allow that to happen, as she dropped it on corner and proceeded to roll the box end over end up to my door. After a quick heavily sarcastic "appreciative" thanks to her for clearly not caring since it wasn't her package I carried the box into the living room to inspect. To the seller whom will remain nameless (please chime in if you feel so inclined) but eternally apprecited, a million thank yous for the professionally packaging and care taken in preparation for shipping. After unpacking the kettle and breathing a huge sigh of relief I put her together.  The wheels will be restored so it's currently wearing random shoes. After 36 hours or so in orphanage and watching the custom chocolate ssp cook fathers day lunch shes been fitted with the weber rotisserie, internal ashpan, charcoal baskets and will being spinning pichana over sbrooms and taters for tonight's fathers day dinner... to all involved in the pursuit and capture of this beautiful grail I thank you, you know who you are. To the rest of the WKC and those unaffiliated who suffer from weberitis i must tell you kettle karma is real.

Without anymore ramblings from me, I present to you my 63 Chestnut Coppertone aka Boobie.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grail unlocked, secured and safe in the weber orphanage
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2020, 03:06:53 PM »
More pictures

Sent from my SM-G975U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Fat Tony

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2020, 03:18:31 PM »
Absolutely frickin gorgeous!!!
Congrats!

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2020, 03:20:16 PM »
[emoji1303][emoji4]congratulations on the fabulous kettle and 10 years. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2020, 03:32:02 PM »
Looks beautiful on the orphanage Chef.
Congratulations on the 10 years of sobriety.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2020, 03:36:38 PM »
Heartfelt Congratulations on so many levels, Chef.  WKC is behind you 100%.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2020, 03:58:33 PM »

Congratulations on your 10 year anniversary of sobriety Matt and securing this grail.  It fits right in at "Brown Town".  Actually, it kinda is a stand out.  Maybe needs to be put on a pedestal. 
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2020, 06:18:50 PM »
Congrats Matt. A long time coming. One day at a time and things just come into play.
Awesome to see "Dreams do come true on WKC". Kudos to the unknown member.

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2020, 06:54:07 PM »
Congrats Matt. The Chestnut has finally arrived!  That Boobie won’t be lonely anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2020, 06:56:52 PM »
Congrats on both fronts.  NICE & NICE!
regards,
Hal

bladz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »
Sweet grill Matt, congrats on your 10 years, and what a story. 
That hunting camp took way better care than anything we have at our camp!  It looks to be in fantastic shape!  Enjoy it, and a high five to seller for  keeping it in “The Club”

1spacemanspiff

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2020, 07:23:23 PM »
Tip of the cap to the finder and seller of the boobie.  Congrats Matt, a few more days and your sequoia will be complete.  Congratulations!
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 11:36:54 AM by 1spacemanspiff »
ISO Yellow Offset SJ, Yellow ranger

Kain

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2020, 01:19:30 AM »
Well done She’s amazing... can’t wait to see some cooks on YouTube [emoji106]

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2020, 05:14:51 AM »
Such an awesome story on so many levels, Congrats Matt !!
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2020, 06:17:25 AM »
Amazing sir, congratulations!