Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lemon pepper chicken wings  (Read 1400 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
Lemon pepper chicken wings
« on: April 29, 2020, 04:27:31 AM »
I’ve been making my own lemon-pepper seasoning because it’s so easy, simply grate the skin and pith of a lemon and dehydrate with freshly ground pepper in either the oven on parchment paper, or in a skillet on the stove.  I opt for the latter method as I have more control and can better monitor the progress.  Once all the moisture evaporated, I add salt and a little bit of granulated garlic. 

The wings were wet-brined for a few hours and then patted dry on a rack before seasoning, and then left to dry brine for another hour or so before going direct on top of an elevated half grate about 5 minutes per slide. Then I rotated them around to indirect and covered for another 20 minutes.  Seasoning was good, but I think I will stick with cooking Hoosier-style wings going forward.

Thanks for looking and have a great day.

SmokeVide

• WKC Ranger
Re: Lemon pepper chicken wings
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2020, 05:08:31 AM »
Interesting method, will have to try it. And grate advice on making the seasoning. Looks yum!
Brian
Seeking: 26 rotisserie

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2020, 05:27:38 AM »
I love lemon pepper, and homemade is even better with much more flavor than store bought
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2020, 07:28:12 AM »
Looks great. That seasoning sounds incredible and I still have yet to try bringing anything. Both on the to do list now. Love that color change.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

SMOKE FREAK

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2020, 05:33:40 PM »
Well thanks. I damn sure gotta try this thing with the seasoning...

Kneab

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2020, 05:56:50 PM »
I use lemon pepper seasoning a lot on Salmon, but I haven't ever thought of making it myself or doing wings with it.
Now I want to.
Thanks for posting this Charlie.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

ISO Brown Go Anywhere

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2020, 04:23:14 AM »
Looks good, seasoning sounds great!
We’ve been sorta winged out over here but post like this are making me crave some ...

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2020, 10:43:17 AM »
Thanks for that Charlie! Your lemon-pepper seasoning sounds great!! I'm definitely stealing that!!
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.