Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Chicago meet master thread  (Read 87090 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #90 on: June 16, 2013, 08:44:31 PM »
Lawrence said money shots.... ;D

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #91 on: June 16, 2013, 08:45:58 PM »
I was gonna make an inappropriate comment....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #92 on: June 16, 2013, 09:01:54 PM »
I was the first to arrive on site. I had to come early to bring the Happy Cooker without Brian seeing!

We did a bunch of unloading (those pics will come later). Stu also arrived early and he brough a bunch of grills. Brian had to make 2 trips with his van to fit everything.

Weber Banner and some of Jeff's, Stu's, and Brian's Grills. The Ranch spaceship is also in the back. The newer ranch is mine

Meet Brian. He is wearing gloves because he doesn't clean his grills before showing them off. Look at that smile on his face! He was happier than a kid on Xmas, and he didn't get his present yet!

Meet G!

Don't mess with the Ranger. This is the elusive Burnt Orange.

We had a bunch of blues present. Including a few Robin's egg blues

What is this thing?  Is it even a Weber ;)

The big boys and redheads also came out to play.

Yellow corner representing. This also shows two versions of the Ranger.

This Yellow Beauty is G's. I tried to Grillfella him but no luck, lol

How many Kettle's do you see in this pic? Mind you the RANCH UTILITY VEHICLE IS IN THE BACK.

Not all the Webers were clean!

Some Smokey's

This red SS was to be put on cooking duty (pics to come later)

This is Jeff in the center. The ringleader of the whole operation.  8) In his words, this was a once in a lifetime opportunity. MartyG is on the right all Weber'd out. He brought the patches and posters too!

Meet Ted! He is making bacon wrapped shrimp but first cutting the jalapenos.

Ted and Landgraftj

Meet HankB! He and his wife brought yummy pulled pork, salads, and devine deviled eggs.

Secrets of a BBQ master, Pervers in the background

Jeff had a lineup of Mastertouches in a half circle to do alot of cooking (pics to come later)

After we ate, Jeff pulled out a %#@&ton of grills so the lineup literally multiplied.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 09:26:41 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #93 on: June 16, 2013, 09:03:15 PM »
Each picture will spark a whole discussion, small batches are better....that's my opinion...

Oops too late for that. Oh well! This is the master thread but feel free to derail it in the interest of awesome discussion.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #94 on: June 16, 2013, 09:10:23 PM »
Some Weber Swag.

Some Goodies from the Weber CEO! Thanks for hooking us up with him, Marty!

There's a Weber bag, "Smoke" Book, Bar B Kettle Novelty Grill, Cross pen, Weber mitt, Burger Press, hat, and Salt n' Pepper shakers.

Some top secret prototypes from Brian.

and the $5 handle sale! Also a reproduction of the OEM Ashbar in Al.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #95 on: June 16, 2013, 09:13:12 PM »
Nice pics Lawrence! Lots of pervature going on here.  :D

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #96 on: June 16, 2013, 09:16:18 PM »
Some food sides pics. No plated pics unfortunately because I had to leave early and I was too busy hanging out and taking pictures.  :( Maybe someone else has some?

Is this what I think it is? It was delicious!

Bacon shrimp surf n' turf.

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #97 on: June 16, 2013, 09:36:41 PM »
Wow guys, I'm flat out green with envy! It all looks like a lot of fun and great food. 
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #98 on: June 16, 2013, 09:40:11 PM »
What's the best way to upload a bunch of pictures? hitting the IMG button 100x is alot of work! I am only gonna get to one camera's picture sets tonight. The other camera which has the money shots will get processed tomorrow.

Lawrence.....hi-lite one pic in your folder.....hold down Ctrl button & tap the letter "A".......

Dump that block of stuff into Photophucket or whatever & then get 'em here.....

I think you can compound them from a host site to a posting blank here also...just don't remember exactly how that goes as I'll usually pick & choose, telling some inane story......it may work the same ~> Ctrl (CONTROL) tab / tap "A"
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #99 on: June 16, 2013, 09:59:18 PM »
What's the best way to upload a bunch of pictures? hitting the IMG button 100x is alot of work! I am only gonna get to one camera's picture sets tonight. The other camera which has the money shots will get processed tomorrow.

Lawrence.....hi-lite one pic in your folder.....hold down Ctrl button & tap the letter "A".......

Dump that block of stuff into Photophucket or whatever & then get 'em here.....

I think you can compound them from a host site to a posting blank here also...just don't remember exactly how that goes as I'll usually pick & choose, telling some inane story......it may work the same ~> Ctrl (CONTROL) tab / tap "A"

Thanks, Buckie. I can mass upload to fb or Flickr no problem. But I need the same mass uploader for the img tags here too.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2013, 10:06:49 PM »

Which one are you coming from P B?

I think there's a way to do it....I'll check, if it's from there......

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #101 on: June 16, 2013, 10:14:18 PM »

I default to fb but I doubt they have a pic URL exporter. I am willing to try other sites but I don't see this working unless its built in to the reply tools.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #102 on: June 16, 2013, 10:16:49 PM »
Otherwise Buckie will get overwhelmed and confused...I will add to that Buckie better show up at the next meet up here in Illinois!

Several items to address here......

Gummi.....thanks for the tremendous pics...as just predicted........I'm overwhelmed.... :o

A+++++++ on all the food, so far that we've seen....

Esp. Ted.....there had to be some form of 'Turds....any form of 'Turds....It's the LAW !!!

To Hank for pulled pork, not the law, just a very strong regulation......

the deviled eggs, beans, copious use of cast iron, salads, lettuce maybe even.......

Next.....I was waiting to see the bargain table of custom wooden handles.......The BARGAIN TABLE....C'mon......Brian .......Brian........Brian.....makes so many of these that there's a BARGAIN TABLE !!!!
ALL the handles look tremendous, installed or loose..... 8)
And custom remanufactured parts, mocked up & produced all "in house" as they say......

I'm overwhelmed, but not confused.....I know what's going on here.....just stop & look at the color, style & age range represented here........BUT....try 1st doing this: take a deep breath, close your eyes for just a moment, then forget that you see these things every day......THEN take another fresh look....... 

Swag on a Seville.....all that needs to be said there.....

That very 1st shot of Brian next to the Happy Cooker......he looks just "PLUM" tuckered out & I believe the day was just getting started?

The color on most of these kettles is scary....shockingly bright.....

There's more, but I'm overwhemed ( as previously stated)

As far as the next go-round, I'm down !!!!

Is this maybe yearly, did folks discuss that....can't imagine it didn't come up........

Let's see........I'm dead broke, no job, bills piled, daffy family shit, eye's STILL goofy.......from a standing start, I think I can maybe make it next year.....if nothing else, I could save on airfare & just skateboard out on the Sequoia....... 8)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #103 on: June 16, 2013, 10:42:21 PM »
Otherwise Buckie will get overwhelmed and confused...I will add to that Buckie better show up at the next meet up here in Illinois!

Several items to address here......

Gummi.....thanks for the tremendous pics...as just predicted........I'm overwhelmed.... :o

A+++++++ on all the food, so far that we've seen....

Esp. Ted.....there had to be some form of 'Turds....any form of 'Turds....It's the LAW !!!

To Hank for pulled pork, not the law, just a very strong regulation......

the deviled eggs, beans, copious use of cast iron, salads, lettuce maybe even.......

Next.....I was waiting to see the bargain table of custom wooden handles.......The BARGAIN TABLE....C'mon......Brian .......Brian........Brian.....makes so many of these that there's a BARGAIN TABLE !!!!
ALL the handles look tremendous, installed or loose..... 8)
And custom remanufactured parts, mocked up & produced all "in house" as they say......

I'm overwhelmed, but not confused.....I know what's going on here.....just stop & look at the color, style & age range represented here........BUT....try 1st doing this: take a deep breath, close your eyes for just a moment, then forget that you see these things every day......THEN take another fresh look....... 

Swag on a Seville.....all that needs to be said there.....

That very 1st shot of Brian next to the Happy Cooker......he looks just "PLUM" tuckered out & I believe the day was just getting started?

The color on most of these kettles is scary....shockingly bright.....

There's more, but I'm overwhemed ( as previously stated)

As far as the next go-round, I'm down !!!!

Is this maybe yearly, did folks discuss that....can't imagine it didn't come up........

Let's see........I'm dead broke, no job, bills piled, daffy family shit, eye's STILL goofy.......from a standing start, I think I can maybe make it next year.....if nothing else, I could save on airfare & just skateboard out on the Sequoia....... 8)

Thanks, Buckie! The best is yet to come!

Yep, the day was just getting started as Brian was squatting next to Grandpa. The HC was presented about 3hours later.

Are the kettles over saturated in the pics? My laptop screen isn't very good so I have to wing it. It looks deeply colored on my iPhone but not radioactively bright. Lmk and I can change it for next time.

Troy is moving to CA so perhaps we can have a Cali meet soon.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2013, 10:49:54 PM »

I default to fb but I doubt they have a pic URL exporter. I am willing to try other sites but I don't see this working unless its built in to the reply tools.

Piddling with it now....can get a single link slideshow, but that's dodo....what if somebody wants to perve one kettle pic endlessly?

Update: PhotoPhukcet is daffy....I can't get them to load one whole album, even tho it seems like that's what they're saying the function will do...... :o

The pics are perfect.....it's just that they reflect how unbelieveably bright the kettles themselves are...... ;D