Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WKC Chicago meet master thread  (Read 86984 times)

MartyG

• WKC Performer
Re: WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2013, 02:35:29 AM »
Just a few more before Gummi's massive download. Yes, there were ladders involved:

And Brian, seeing the Happy Cooker for the first time, immediately pulled his wood out:

Troy modeled the new WKC Tshirt for us. Well done Troy!

So many grills to tend; the tongs were snappin' everywhere.

As for musical entertainment, well, let's just say Joe Satriani stopped by...

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2013, 02:39:43 AM »
BUMP ~~~~~>
[/quote]

Gummi has the best pics of that one Buckie. All I can say is that it was speckledtacular, and something a pole-dancer on a cruise ship would love. Oh, and it can be seen in at least one of the photos revealed already...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2013, 02:52:43 AM »
BUMP ~~~~~>

Gummi has the best pics of that one Buckie. All I can say is that it was speckledtacular, and something a pole-dancer on a cruise ship would love. Oh, and it can be seen in at least one of the photos revealed already...
[/quote]

Ok.....so we're STILL waiting.........(insert actual laugh out loud, not fake Internet LOL, here )
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #63 on: June 16, 2013, 02:56:08 AM »

"There was a ladder involved for some picture taking."

Yeah, aeriality is the only way to go for some of this !!!!!!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2013, 03:29:56 AM »
[ quote author=MartyG link=topic=4317.msg41301#msg41301 date=1371379183]
BUMP ~~~~~>
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep, it was very G-Q!  ;)
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
WKC Chicago meet master thread
« Reply #65 on: June 16, 2013, 03:33:30 AM »
I'm glad I made the trip. That was a fun afternoon!  Thanks to Jeff and Jean for opening their home to us. Marty scored us some sweet swag from weber too. Thanks Marty.

I don't have a pic of just the bell ringer but its in a lot of the pics.

Picked up some custom handles for a friend. Thanks Brian.

Thanks again to everyone involved. It was a great day! 

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2013, 03:52:51 AM »
PS: What was the OTHER bell ringer ?

Hey Hogsy...Lawrence has lots of pictures of it.  I know he has lots of photos to go through and post, so I will get some pics up of it today and create a separate thread for it.  It was a speckled Galley Que with the handle on the top vent.  Pics to follow.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #67 on: June 16, 2013, 03:55:34 AM »
PS: What was the OTHER bell ringer ?

Hey Hogsy...Lawrence has lots of pictures of it.  I know he has lots of photos to go through and post, so I will get some pics up of it today and create a separate thread for it.  It was a speckled Galley Que with the handle on the top vent.  Pics to follow.
Thanks Jeff .... I'll be able to sleep a little sounder tonight
Looking forward to those pics
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #68 on: June 16, 2013, 04:05:12 AM »
While I have to say the party was a lot of work, it was a TON of fun.   Thankfully the weather broke and stop raining around noon like I thought.  The sun did come out, dry things out and make it actually nice, but humid out.   The whole party was made successful by everyone that attended.  Those of you that brought food....THANK YOU!  So much good food and good desserts.  I'm still full now and have no interest in ANY food! A big thanks to Marty's friend Tom (Weber CEO) for putting together all those amazing gift bags.  That was certainly one of the highlights of the day.  It was fun to see all the grill swaps going on...there were SO MANY grills!  A big thanks to Lawrence (Gummi) and Marty for taking all the time to get some many photos.  Marty's shots were great, can't wait to see Lawrence's!!!

The bar has officially been set for WeberFest II

Is anyone gonna post some pics on Weber Facebook????  If so, please try and link it somewhere here.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2013, 04:06:56 AM by Jeff »
Kettle collector AND cooker!

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #69 on: June 16, 2013, 05:19:21 AM »
We both had a great time! Cindy was very happy to see that it wasn't a total sausage fest.  ;D It was amazing to see so many grills in one spot. So many of them were beautifully restored and cleaned up. I came away with some good stuff too. I traded a pretty decent CGA and OK forest green kettle to Brian for a bag full of handles. My '74 Bar-B-Kettle now has a very nice handle made from American Elm that succumbed to Dutch Elm disease and came down last year. The bag also had a bunch of other handles including two sets for my SS performer and many choices for my red MT. I also got a CGA that was BNIB but missing handles. Fortunately Brian gave me enough extra handles so I had three to put on it while still leaving choices for my other grills.  ;D I even got a Weber wok to fit a 22" kettle. The Weber swag was totally unexpected but very welcome. And I now have one of the T-shirts that the team worked so hard (and discussed so much  ;D ) to produce, along with a couple patches and one of the vent cover posters that Marty made. In addition to the camaraderie and the great food, I came home with a lot more stuff than planned. It was well worth the entire 5 minute drive to get to Jeff's place.  ;D
kettles, smokers...

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #70 on: June 16, 2013, 05:55:03 AM »
Meetups are a powerful way to reinforce the hobby and the brand, and you all as unofficial ambassadors have done a great job for both. I especially appreciate the representation by Weber HQ.

I wouldn't expect Official (weber.com) Acknowledgment since there's no affiliation but some images from the event surely need to be uploaded to the Weber Nation area there. And to FaceBook for those who may be part of that.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

kaz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #71 on: June 16, 2013, 07:05:39 AM »
THIS IS

WEBER LOVE!

How do you WEBER?

#grubdubs

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #72 on: June 16, 2013, 07:16:15 AM »
THIS IS

WEBER LOVE!

How do you WEBER?

Yeah, no kiddin'.....that pic's only been up for a few hours & I'm thinkin' "FAMOUS" !!!!!!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #73 on: June 16, 2013, 07:21:12 AM »
It's the day after and I'm still just as pumped as a kid on Christmas morning seeing all these grills and people knowing that theres more pics to come.....  ;D

RESCUE-RESTORE-RESPECT-EAT-DRINK-BE MERRY!  ;)  These kettles are memory makers in so many ways...

Love it!!

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #74 on: June 16, 2013, 01:31:59 PM »
This thread is seriously one of the coolest threads ever!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!