Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Getting ready for a cook!  (Read 1941 times)

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
Re: Getting ready for a cook!
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2019, 01:02:36 PM »
Dude, what a lineup! Good look!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2019, 07:51:16 PM »
Nice stable!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2019, 04:37:21 AM »
Weber respect at it's finest
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2019, 11:40:03 AM »
Cook went awesome. Everyone LOVED the grills as much as the food. Waiting on pictures to be text to me. Once I got my Grill On I wasn't thinking of anything else. A few pictures after.

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2019, 11:52:40 AM »
Sweet
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2019, 01:38:12 PM »
Nice job Colin!

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2019, 01:44:21 PM »
Those people better hope they had a vaccination for weberitis before that party.

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2019, 01:49:24 PM »
Those people better hope they had a vaccination for weberitis before that party.

LMAO A few people as well as Isaacs wife asked where or how they could get one.

inkaddictedchef1

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2019, 02:26:58 PM »
Dope! Respect

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2019, 03:00:11 PM »
Colin, Awesome, cool, you da man, what grate pics, grate time by all, so many ways to look at this post.  Love those pics.

CBinCT

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #25 on: July 15, 2019, 04:22:17 PM »
Awesome line up!!  The key to a great party is to always make sure the Grill to Guest ratio remains in check.

RottiGuy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: July 15, 2019, 05:13:56 PM »
Great job!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: July 15, 2019, 06:50:17 PM »
3 9lb. Butts rubbed in my Spicy Maple rub

Decided to cook 2 on the J code 26r and one on B code Green 22
3x2 snake with Weber coals went for 12 hours and ran between 225-240

Morning sun on the kettles

Wrapped them in foil and towels and put into a cooler. Was pulled at about 5 while chickens were spinning.
Was still hot enough to almost burn you on the inside. Each butt filled a 1/2 tray covered in foil and put in chaffing dish to keep warm. had about 3-5 lbs. of leftovers

3 3lb. Salmon fillets brined for 4 hours and then smoked at 200 foer 2 hours, I've posted this recipe here on WKC. Always a crowd pleaser, there were no leftovers. Cooked on the Chestnut and Coppermist

Waiting on the cook pictures of a few things. Did't have time to think about pictures getting my Grill on.

9 4lb, chickens brined overnight. Trussed in the AM and put into cooler to be put on spits at Isaacs

3 chickens per spit

Looking good on the kettle.

Finished at 170 for safety

Now I was going to smoke 2 sets of ribs as Isaac got 10 racks to do his way. When I showed up at 11AM he asked if I could do 4 more. I said I can do a total of 4 so I fired up the Aristocrat and went home and got a rib rack. Wanted to use the Aristocrat for spinning for the color change but plans are always due to change. That's why the lineup included the J code 26r. It performed 2 cooks for this, a 12 hours smoke and 1:30 spin.
We discussed vegetables and he said he was going to roast in the oven the night before and serve them cold. At 4 oclock his kids walk up with 5 HUGE bowls wrapped in tin foil and say here are the vegetables. I asked if they needed a dish to put them in the chaffing dish. They said that would be great after they are grilled. Luckily 10 minutes before I had taken the Salmon off the Chestnut and as he scrapped the corn idea, told to me in the AM as well, I also fired up the Sequoia. Started another chimney and Colleen came to the rescue and grilled them up for me. She also helped with the carving of chickens. Everything was ready and out at 6. This was the biggest cook I've done to date where ALL the food had to be out at a certain time. 8 grills total used for this cook. People loved the kettles as much as the food. As it was a group made up of mostly artist and writers, they all were intrigued by the colors. Many a conversations about them. So much fun explaining the names and years and stories behind them. Very appreciative crowd . All in all it was a grate cook and experience for my first time showing off some of my favorite kettles. I'll post more pictures as I get them.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 06:52:36 PM by CatskillSmoker »

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: July 15, 2019, 08:08:48 PM »
A DAMN FINE COOK!
regards,
Hal

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2019, 08:13:14 PM »