Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Protecting the balcony floor tiles?  (Read 700 times)

dogman

• WKC Brave
Protecting the balcony floor tiles?
« on: May 14, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
I'm in the uneviable position of having to live in apartment after being a country boy most of my life. My landlord would go wild if I messed up the place. I have a good size concrete balcony with ceramic tiles on the floor.

Does anybody have some suggestions about protecting the tiles from stains? I have a buddy back home who is a contractor and he suggested concrete board. This sounds about perfect but so far I cannot find it over here. And I'm wondering if concrete tiles or additional tiles would scratch the existing ones.

I want to make an elevated 3x5 cook area and if I can't get concrete board and have to use concrete tiles I am also concerned about grease dripping through the tile cracks since this has to be easy to get rid of when I leave. I won't be grouting the tiles. So basically I need a stain and heat proof covering that's temporary but solid enough, should be light enough that I don't break the balcony off the side of the building, and should protect the ceramic tiles that are on there already so when I pull this up I don't have a mess underneath that won't just mop right up.

Thanks for any ideas.
Beer! It's what's for dinner...

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
Re: Protecting the balcony floor tiles?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2019, 09:52:59 AM »
Take a look at your nearest big box store for "barbeque mat".  They allegedly protect your deck or concrete from spatters.
regards,
Hal

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 10:01:29 AM »
Take a look at your nearest big box store for "barbeque mat".  They allegedly protect your deck or concrete from spatters.

Thanks, I have no idea what big box store is and as far as I can tell, nobody here has barbecue mats.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 10:18:44 AM »
I'm not certain where you are as various people may differ as to where they believe the beer capital of the world is.

Check online for whatever stores around you carry barbeque grills & accessories. 

You could check Amazon.
regards,
Hal

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 10:26:42 AM »

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2019, 10:52:50 AM »
I'm not certain where you are as various people may differ as to where they believe the beer capital of the world is.

When the heck did this happen?!

Check online for whatever stores around you carry barbeque grills & accessories.

Already done that before asking on here.

You could check Amazon.

No, I don't use them because of their dynamic pricing and exhorbitant shipping charges for people who don't live in America.

Thank you.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2019, 10:53:08 AM »
http://www.grillpad.com/

Thanks, I'll see if I can find something like that on ebay.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2019, 11:02:06 AM »
If you're close, Home Depot & Lowe's sell the mats.

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2019, 11:17:10 AM »
If you're close, Home Depot & Lowe's sell the mats.

Thanks, none of those familiar shops are over here. I usually can find some local equivalent if my buddy takes me to shops but nobody speaks English over here and I am slow to learn. Looks like the bay has something that might work. And I may lay down some concrete board if I can find it or concrete tiles, and cover it with the mats you guys are suggesting.

Thank you :)

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2019, 11:37:47 AM »
I'm guessing you are somewhere in Europe, perhaps Germany.  Check Amazon.  Even Aldi may have it during the brief period when they have grills & charcoal available.
regards,
Hal

dogman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2019, 12:36:23 PM »
I'm guessing you are somewhere in Europe, perhaps Germany.  Check Amazon.  Even Aldi may have it during the brief period when they have grills & charcoal available.

Czech Republic. Thanks, Aldi has stores almost everywhere except here :P

I found a few possible suspects on ebay.