Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Weber Colors for the US?  (Read 8461 times)

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Weber Colors for the US?
« Reply #75 on: May 09, 2019, 08:31:39 AM »

You can believe that there are plenty of these colors in production right now no need for anyone to freak out

Exactly right!  They aren’t going to bungle two major releases in a row.  I plan on getting an ivory down the road and am not concerned at all.  My guess is that ivory is selling the fastest and probably selling a bit quicker than the inventory program can keep up with.

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #76 on: May 09, 2019, 10:43:55 AM »
So here's what we know now
- they're NOT limited edition. Weber is continually making them.
- they're made in ILLINOIS. Not China.
- they're only being sold directly from Weber. No box stores, no amazon

Weber is clearly listening to us :)

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #77 on: May 09, 2019, 10:46:51 AM »
So here's what we know now
- they're NOT limited edition. Weber is continually making them.
- they're made in ILLINOIS. Not China.
- they're only being sold directly from Weber. No box stores, no amazon

Weber is clearly listening to us :)
All warm and fuzzy about all this, I do believe they are listening for sure
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

Cellar2ful

« Reply #78 on: May 09, 2019, 03:36:37 PM »

Photos of the new colored kettles are already being posted on Facebook sites.  These new colored kettles have the newly designed P shaped bowl vents, like the new Euro Master Touch.  I understand this is different than the ones that were released in Canada, which had the straight slot bowl vents.  Supposedly, the P shaped vents are much better for heat control when low temp smoking. 

*Just trying to push the train back on the tracks........................
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

JuanRod

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #79 on: May 09, 2019, 03:59:34 PM »
IVORY is sold out!  WTF!  You snooze you lose.  Shame on me.
I just ordered one ...

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

shorthairhunter

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #80 on: May 09, 2019, 05:59:11 PM »
It’s a real shame they aren’t in fact a limited edition. I was looking forward to telling people I was a real-life modern-day poacher once my Ivory shows up next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cookingjnj

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #81 on: May 09, 2019, 07:38:04 PM »
Darn all of you.  It has been less than two weeks since I have picked up my last kettle grill, and only a month since I picked up my first kettle (a HC), and now have to read all of this new information.  My first purchase was an HC $5 pick up at a yard sale (about a month ago), my second was a $50 weber pick up off Craigslist (two weeks ago) because, "officially", I still did not have a Weber Kettle.  Now I see these cool new grill colors, and my mind starts to get numb..."Well, I have never had a 'new' Weber Kettle grill"..... plus, "I have not even used the second kettle I picked up yet, how do I justify to the 'boss' about getting another one", and all those thoughts run through my head!!!! Then I see an Ivory grill and a Smoke grill, and again my mind goes to "Well, I have never owned 'anything" Ivory, and that Smoke looks cool"!!!  Then...."what about that Slate?"!!!!  I Never been a fan of green, but not sure many folks around me are sporting Spring Green grills either!  I am liking that Ivory, or the Smoke.  Leaning towards the Ivory since I have never cooked on anything that color.  Next is explaining the Mother's Day Present.....hahaha.  Ugh, hate this disease already.  My name is Joe and I am have Weberitis and will let you know my choice. 

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2019, 05:16:42 AM »
@cookingjnj

What better Mother’s Day present could you give your wife, than an delicious dinner cooked with love on your new Ivory kettle?  She doesn’t need to know that the love part is about the grill, not the food. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2019, 07:23:58 AM »
@MacEggs - I deleted the comments, although the context of these colors being sold as Limited Edition in Canada is absolutely valid and open for further discussion.

Moving forward the WKC community forums will be moderated slightly differently. There will be an announcement made soon enough.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2019, 07:32:27 AM »
I wonder if the “p” style bowl vents will migrate to other kettles in the line up. The 26 for example.

I showed the wife all the colors last night. She liked the ivory the best as soon as she saw it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2019, 10:26:39 AM »
The Charcoal Summit has P shape vents and I think it works pretty well with getting temps low.  I am looking forward to seeing all the pics coming in.  Pretty big for everyone here for sure. 

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2019, 11:12:20 AM »
In another thread, someone mentioned that their wife asked them why do we need another grill. 
He claimed to have responded with, why do you need so many shoes & purses?
I believe he also claimed she became quite & hasn't broached the subject again.

Darn all of you.  It has been less than two weeks since I have picked up my last kettle grill, and only a month since I picked up my first kettle (a HC), and now have to read all of this new information.  My first purchase was an HC $5 pick up at a yard sale (about a month ago), my second was a $50 weber pick up off Craigslist (two weeks ago) because, "officially", I still did not have a Weber Kettle.  Now I see these cool new grill colors, and my mind starts to get numb..."Well, I have never had a 'new' Weber Kettle grill"..... plus, "I have not even used the second kettle I picked up yet, how do I justify to the 'boss' about getting another one", and all those thoughts run through my head!!!! Then I see an Ivory grill and a Smoke grill, and again my mind goes to "Well, I have never owned 'anything" Ivory, and that Smoke looks cool"!!!  Then...."what about that Slate?"!!!!  I Never been a fan of green, but not sure many folks around me are sporting Spring Green grills either!  I am liking that Ivory, or the Smoke.  Leaning towards the Ivory since I have never cooked on anything that color.  Next is explaining the Mother's Day Present.....hahaha.  Ugh, hate this disease already.  My name is Joe and I am have Weberitis and will let you know my choice.
regards,
Hal

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #87 on: May 11, 2019, 06:25:53 AM »
   I know I'm going to get these grills, the sick part is they won't be cookers at least the box will have my name and address on it. No middleman involved here all profits go to Weber. Thanks for looking out for us collectors Weber.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #88 on: May 11, 2019, 10:30:21 AM »
Any special requests for any particular photo before the building starts?  EG :While they are apart.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #89 on: May 11, 2019, 05:13:12 PM »
Mine arrived and the bowls on the spring green and the smoke were both damaged. I have two new bowls on the way thank to Weber CS!