Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Walmart charcoal starters.  (Read 641 times)

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
Walmart charcoal starters.
« on: April 14, 2019, 06:42:40 PM »
So was looking for the usual weber wax cube that walmart was out of and i saw these figured for 3.50 id give them a try. So they are super thick so i decided to cut the stick in half and split it down to make a little bon fire basically. So it take a second to stay lit but once it gets going its a raging inferno!!! The pack comes with 30 sticks. And you dont need the whole stick so you get alot of cooks. Major downside though is it puts off A LOT of smoke. But besides that they are pretty solid should give them a try if you see them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

WisconsinGriller

• Smokey Joe
Re: Walmart charcoal starters.
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 07:29:26 PM »
I'll keep this in mind. I've been on the lookout for a better way to start my coals than the classic news paper. Currently I'm testing out using the "Sterno Green Wick" chafing fuel can. It claims to have a 6hr burn time and I've started chimneys in about 10 minutes so far. So in theory about 36 lights from a can, $3 a can. We'll see how many I actually get out of it though. It has been a very simple and efficient way to start the coals so far though.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2019, 03:07:55 AM »
I saw those fatwood things and thought about buying them. But the thing is, I tear part of the bag of charcoal off each time to light my chimney, there is usually enough bag to light all the coals, zero waste! Lol
« Last Edit: April 15, 2019, 05:42:44 AM by Walchit »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2019, 05:27:23 AM »

I saw those days old things and thought about buying them. But the thing is, I tear part of the bag of charcoal off each time to light my chimney, there is usually enough bag to light all the coals, zero waste! Lol

That is exactly what my dad does.

I use paper towels soaked with bacon grease. They burn good and hot and last awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Walchit

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2019, 05:44:42 AM »
You could soak pieces of the bag in bacon grease! That's like getting 2 birds stoned with one joint. Or however that expression is supposed to go

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2019, 07:24:57 AM »

I saw those days old things and thought about buying them. But the thing is, I tear part of the bag of charcoal off each time to light my chimney, there is usually enough bag to light all the coals, zero waste! Lol

That is exactly what my dad does.

I use paper towels soaked with bacon grease. They burn good and hot and last awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Thats what i was doing, but the ash flying around was pissing me off lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app