Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: (Completed) Need ideas for an ash pan replacement  (Read 1645 times)

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
(Completed) Need ideas for an ash pan replacement
« on: February 14, 2019, 08:10:23 PM »
I have an extra HC ash catcher collar with the red lettering that used the twist on dump pan. I figured I could find a pan or something that would be around the right size but finding a cheap 9.75inch sauce pan or bowl has proved more difficult than I anticipated.

Forum high five to the member that posts a link to the thread that covers this. (My search skills failed me)
Thanks

Pictured is the extra collar I have with red ARROWS and is compatible with the older ash pan that twists a bit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 04:08:13 PM by Red_5_Wrangler »
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: Need ideas for an ash pan replacement for High capacity Twist collar
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 06:57:22 AM »
Got any pics of your "HC ash catcher collar with the red lettering that used the twist on dump pan"?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2019, 07:55:22 AM »
Got any pics of your "HC ash catcher collar with the red lettering that used the twist on dump pan"?

+1. 

@brewtownbeatdown - any idea (or pic) of what he's describing?
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 08:00:07 AM »

+1. 

I apologize for my rambling naming scheme...
I will grab a pic and change the title in a bit. I blame it on the drunken Euphoria of reviewing a roadtrip haul and parts corner.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
Re: Need ideas for an ash pan replacement (updated)
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2019, 08:14:08 AM »
My word salad would also explain why I couldn't find what I was looking for. 🤷‍♂️

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2019, 09:36:02 AM »

+1. 

I don’t believe he meant Happy Cooker (HC).  Think he meant High Capacity.  Red letters lead me to believe it’s the original style ash bucket & ring (with the airflow plaque that was riveted on).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2019, 09:40:03 AM »
Is this an option for you?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/xl-ash-catcher/

I believe that’s what he wants to do.  I recalled your post, so I just looked it up.  Copied the link & was about to post when I seen you replied with it[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2019, 12:17:16 PM »
Is this an option for you?

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-grill-modifications-customs/xl-ash-catcher/

I might have to try something like that. I dont have the original pan to start with but I might be able to find something close the rivet some SS or Aluminum flashing. Thanks

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2019, 05:12:27 AM »
Why get nutz over it? Use one of these, placed on the triangle. Cheap, and functional. They come in different sizes to fit your needs. I HATE Weber's ash collection system. A galvanized bucket such as this: "https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?sku=2365&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_rGiqrbA4AIVl4rICh3v8g7UEAQYBCABEgJDF_D_BwE" It just sits there, collects ash, empty as needed.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:16:25 AM by hawgheaven »
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2019, 03:49:27 PM »
Why get nutz over it? Use one of these, placed on the triangle. Cheap, and functional. They come in different sizes to fit your needs. I HATE Weber's ash collection system. A galvanized bucket such as this: "https://www.usplastic.com/catalog/item.aspx?sku=2365&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI_rGiqrbA4AIVl4rICh3v8g7UEAQYBCABEgJDF_D_BwE" It just sits there, collects ash, empty as needed.
I go nuts with everything. It's a problem but not one I plan on dealing with.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2019, 01:22:10 PM »
I go nuts with everything. It's a problem but not one I plan on dealing with.

I found the sacrificial lamb. It's a stainless steal pasta pot perfect size. $2 bucks at goodwill. I just need to remove the handles and put in some bolts for the hangers. Eventually I will either find a handle or a stray ash bucket. For now this will work nicely.

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2019, 03:46:13 AM »
There you have it... :-)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2019, 04:05:49 PM »
Finally took the time to put this together. Also found some different handles for it which I actually like better than the stock one.

Nitro

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2019, 04:07:49 PM »
Love it!  Looks good!

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club