Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Christmas Suggestions  (Read 4247 times)

Jon

• WKC Ranger
Re: Christmas Suggestions
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2018, 08:55:40 PM »
I usually request a gift from my wife that requires her effort rather than our money.

Go with the Thermapen, it will make you a better cook. Unless you go for the other thing.

SteveMBH

• WKC Brave
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2018, 02:09:16 AM »
Thermapen would be my 1st recommendation.

I also like the iGrill for when I am doing low and slow cooks.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

Rondo

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2018, 05:29:05 AM »
I have been looking at the rotisserie myself just haven't committed. I would like to know how hard it is to clean and store.

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2018, 07:02:14 AM »
I have been looking at the rotisserie myself just haven't committed. I would like to know how hard it is to clean and store.

I’d never worry about really cleaning a roto. I’d do the occasional razor scrape for the build up but treat it like a grill and leave it out on a kettle covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2018, 07:14:54 AM »
How about a nice cordless drill to work on kettles projects and around the house work building decks, BBQ area..ect.  I looked into the latest in Makita, Milwaukee, and Dewalt. Top of the line stuff with most power from each Manufactures. Not cheap but I might treat myself to one for Christmas.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2018, 09:30:15 AM »
How about a nice cordless drill to work on kettles projects and around the house work building decks, BBQ area..ect.  I looked into the latest in Makita, Milwaukee, and Dewalt. Top of the line stuff with most power from each Manufactures. Not cheap but I might treat myself to one for Christmas.
Here's one for you. And it fits the greenweb theme. Lots of greenbacks. 

Festool 574761 Cordless Drill T18 Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNLDK9R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IDz-Bb9Z3EZN0

This is all i can afford for now.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2018, 10:21:58 AM »
Bosch makes s good impact and drill set. I also have the electric blower. Comes in handy if you want to jump start your coals.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Christmas Suggestions
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2018, 10:27:09 AM »

I’d never worry about really cleaning a roto. I’d do the occasional razor scrape for the build up but treat it like a grill and leave it out on a kettle covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do the same with the ring but a scotch brite pad works grate on the spit and forks. It’s not hard to clean but is a little bit of a pain to clean in the sink due to its length. I also remove the screws and use a tooth pick or paper clip and clean the threads of the little set screws. You would be surprised how much gunk builds up in the threads. Maybe a little obsessive. Not sure.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2018, 02:46:48 PM »
Here's one for you. And it fits the greenweb theme. Lots of greenbacks. 

Festool 574761 Cordless Drill T18 Set https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XNLDK9R/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_IDz-Bb9Z3EZN0

This is all i can afford for now.

That Festool drill is neat.  I am actually looking into a brushless combo set. I am down to 2 sets from Dewalt for its price point and good reviews.  Really like the compact set.  No hammer drill function which I could do without and only comes with 2ah batteries to keep it compact.   https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCK283D2-Lithium-Brushless-Compact/dp/B01A08YKV6/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1543101047&sr=1-1&keywords=dewalt+xr+drill+combo

Not as compact drill unit but very powerful with all the bells and whistle including 5ah batteries for about $100 more. https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCK299P2-Lithium-Brushless-Premium/dp/B01DQ19B1S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I can't decide which one. I could go either way.  To Jules and others. Which one would you pick if you had this choice.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2018, 02:59:37 PM »
Bosch makes s good impact and drill set. I also have the electric blower. Comes in handy if you want to jump start your coals.

My current drill, 18v 1.5ah Bosch was used to do all my projects no problem. I really like this drill but I want something more robust for future projects around the house use.  Not sure why I bypassed the newer and more powerful Bosch set on the market. Something new( brand wise)  I want I guess.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Christmas Suggestions
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2018, 03:08:08 PM »

That Festool drill is neat.  I am actually looking into a brushless combo set. I am down to 2 sets from Dewalt for its price point and good reviews.  Really like the compact set.  No hammer drill function which I could do without and only comes with 2ah batteries to keep it compact.   https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCK283D2-Lithium-Brushless-Compact/dp/B01A08YKV6/ref=sr_1_1?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1543101047&sr=1-1&keywords=dewalt+xr+drill+combo

Not as compact drill unit but very powerful with all the bells and whistle including 5ah batteries for about $100 more. https://www.amazon.ca/DEWALT-DCK299P2-Lithium-Brushless-Premium/dp/B01DQ19B1S/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

I can't decide which one. I could go either way.  To Jules and others. Which one would you pick if you had this choice.
I would definitely go for the  upgraded set with the 5AH battery.  They're quite cheap here especially around the holidays with free bonus batteries or tools. Currently have at least 10 pieces  of mostly brushless tools/accessories and 9 batteries in various sizes.   Weed eater, hedger, planer, angle grinder, 1/2" impact wrench etc. Not necessarily the best tool line up but they can be very cheap. I decided to go will all dewalt so i don't have to keep chasing different batteries and chargers. Also, never had any problems with any of them.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2018, 03:21:24 PM by Jules V. »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2018, 06:29:02 PM »

I would definitely go for the  upgraded set with the 5AH battery.  They're quite cheap here especially around the holidays with free bonus batteries or tools. Currently have at least 10 pieces  of mostly brushless tools/accessories and 9 batteries in various sizes.   Weed eater, hedger, planer, angle grinder, 1/2" impact wrench etc. Not necessarily the best tool line up but they can be very cheap. I decided to go will all dewalt so i don't have to keep chasing different batteries and chargers. Also, never had any problems with any of them.

Ordered it Sat. and got this set today from Amazon.ca.

Not a rational decision, but with a great cyber monday online deal today, I ordered the other set too. Picking it up tomorrow.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Christmas Suggestions
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2018, 06:58:28 PM »

Not a rational decision, but with a great cyber monday online deal today, I ordered the other set too. Picking it up tomorrow.

Always rational as long you put it to good use. A single charge of those batteries should last a full day of drilling and driving.  Actually had a 60V 9Ah but ended up giving it to my brother as it's too heavy/bulky and didn't have a use for the extra capacity. Most of the time i use a 2 or 3Ah since they're much more compact and yet still provide great runtime.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:01:16 PM by Jules V. »

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2018, 07:18:19 PM »
I've been really happy with Ryobi over the past 25 yrs,

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2018, 08:47:32 PM »
im trying to get rid of my snap on drills for those dewalts a bunch of guys at work swear by them and my 400 dollar snap on 3/8 has already been rebuilt once and the batteries are already dying 3 years in. dewalts last forever

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app