Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Last year for blue?  (Read 9126 times)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Last year for blue?
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2013, 07:30:20 AM »
It was announced at the Weber sales meeting last month.  They are dropping the blue, keeping the green, adding crimson, and reformulating the copper.  Oh, and bring back the 14.5 WSM.

"Oh, and bring back the 14.5 WSM. "
The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is why the Vasconia pot is no longer available on Amazon  :-X ;)

Small side note.........

I've been looking for hubcaps at hardware & Home Depot, etc. & am finding what used to be an exact replacement is no longer to be found.........
I'm sure Weber doesn't "manufacture" from scratch certain items & have to wonder if they somehow put the "X" on sales of some of these parts?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2013, 07:43:42 AM »
It was announced at the Weber sales meeting last month.  They are dropping the blue, keeping the green, adding crimson, and reformulating the copper.  Oh, and bring back the 14.5 WSM.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks this is why the Vasconia pot is no longer available on Amazon  :-X ;)

Small side note.........

I've been looking for hubcaps at hardware & Home Depot, etc. & am finding what used to be an exact replacement is no longer to be found.........
I'm sure Weber doesn't "manufacture" from scratch certain items & have to wonder if they somehow put the "X" on sales of some of these parts?

Your talking the black 3/8" hubcaps?

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2013, 07:55:21 AM »
'
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 05:44:46 PM by DoppelBock »

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2013, 07:56:14 AM »
I don't know why green has been aruond so long..  I mean, don't you think that Blue is more popular? Sure, there are some shades of green that look nice, but BLUE is way better..
Now if you wanted to start a rumor, a BLUE 26er is one that I would start! Seems to me, that it would sell like crazy!  8)
Just for you AJ

Thanks Jeff, I can never get enough of that blue 26er that doesn't exist!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2013, 07:57:39 AM »

Small side note.........

I found some red and white ones at Orchard Supply Hardware, (Local Chain). What are you looking for? AJ
 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

cbpeck

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2013, 01:54:29 PM »
Weber will send you replacement hubcaps, three to a pack, usually at no cost.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2013, 06:08:41 PM »
Jeff-
Not to derail this thread, but WHERE can one find a BLUE 26'er like the one you posted???    ???
Interested in ANY offset handle SJs you may have.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2013, 06:22:32 PM »
"and reformulating the copper.."

Do they still sell "Copper" anywhere?  I thought that was a Target thing from a few years ago? :'(

Saxart, You didn't get the NIB here in town for $50? I would have jumped, but I can't move to new, like the vintage...I should have jumped for trade bait.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2013, 07:02:40 PM »
Jeff-
Not to derail this thread, but WHERE can one find a BLUE 26'er like the one you posted???    ???

You can't.  I was lucky enough to run into a former Weber employee that at the time took old 26 stock from the warehouse.  He had it sprayed blue.  Its the only one that probably exists. 1 of 1.  They only produced red, brown, and black on them from Weber for production.
Kettle collector AND cooker!

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2013, 02:25:22 AM »
"and reformulating the copper.."

Do they still sell "Copper" anywhere?  I thought that was a Target thing from a few years ago? :'(

Saxart, You didn't get the NIB here in town for $50? I would have jumped, but I can't move to new, like the vintage...I should have jumped for trade bait.

Greg-
Oh, I jumped at it.   Actually emailed him minutes after it was posted, but it was already gone that quick.   

Jeff-
 :'(

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2013, 10:51:08 AM »
Yes, those are 26 legs on it. It's my version of a euro American grill they can't have. ;)

That's a neat upgrade. Saw a guy the other day with a brand new 18.5" model that either now comes with leg extensions, or he added them (doubtful) or it was a Weber WannaBe and I wasn't paying attention.

Looked like a 3-legged Sputnik.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2013, 10:56:22 AM »
I just think it's shameful they are doing away with blue! Why not green? I bought my blue a couple years ago because I had a feeling this was going to happen.  Blue is my favorite color. :(

On Jeffs blue 26'r, I like that's it's getting older. The style has changed a lot since it was made.  :)

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:39 AM »
I just think it's shameful they are doing away with blue! Why not green? I bought my blue a couple years ago because I had a feeling this was going to happen.  Blue is my favorite color. :(

On Jeffs blue 26'r, I like that's it's getting older. The style has changed a lot since it was made.  :)

It makes no sense to me.........that shade of blue is a very modern and fashionable color still. If anything, the current color that has gotten stale, it's green, of course as I lightly bash on green, we'll miss that when its gone too someday. The green is an decent color, I don't hate it, I'd probably buy one down the road.. but if I were to choose, I'd take a blue in a minute. Now I'm super interested to see if the new red will be worth dropping blue for.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2013, 12:58:57 PM »
Now I'm super interested to see if the new red will be worth dropping blue for.
I hope so because the copper sure isn't. I just don't think the copper qualifies as a real color choice like blue.

saxart

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2013, 05:34:44 PM »
OK, after seeing all of these beautiful BLUE grills, it's making me want to buy a brand new OTG BLUE to squirrel away before they "go away" at the end of the year!

Which begs the question...

Where is the cheapest place to buy these grills brand new?  (Or are they 'price controlled' by Weber?)   :o