Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One-touch cleaning system replace  (Read 732 times)

Grill-me

• Happy Cooker
One-touch cleaning system replace
« on: October 06, 2018, 10:32:59 AM »
Hello Everyone,
Looong time lurker, first time poster! I have visited this forum may times in the past for info/advice about Weber grills, but have not found a solution to my current problem. I purchased a new Master Touch this year and the one-touch cleaning system has been a disappointment from the start. Two of the blades are bent out of shape and seem to "hover" about 1/4 inch above the bowl thus not effectively sweeping the ash to the removal slots. Having tried to bend them back into a contact to no avail I contacted Weber. They determined that the complete three blade system needs be replaced and have sent me a replacement kit.

Question..Those who have replaced the blade system, is it an easy DIY procedure and if so can you point me in the direction of any posted videos/ instructions that may be helpful?

Thank you in advance

JEBIV

• WKC Ambassador
Re: One-touch cleaning system replace
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 10:39:55 AM »
pretty easy, flat blade screwdriver is all you need, your replacement kit will come with very simple and spot on instructions. When you get your kit and have any problems reach out here someone can walk you through it. I don't think you will need any help though. You spelled all the words in your post correctly so you should be able to replace the sweeps LOL
Seeking a Black Sequoia I know I know, I'd settle for just the tabbed no leg grill

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2018, 12:06:43 PM »
pretty easy, flat blade screwdriver is all you need, your replacement kit will come with very simple and spot on instructions. When you get your kit and have any problems reach out here someone can walk you through it. I don't think you will need any help though. You spelled all the words in your post correctly so you should be able to replace the sweeps LOL

;D ;D ;D
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2018, 12:46:50 PM »
Get the stainless sweeps #90720.  It's a bit more sturdier/stiffer and should last many times longer than the  flymsy/rusty aluminized steel. It also helps if you  periodically clean the inside of your bowl to prevent crud buildup. If not cleaned, the buildup will eventually force the sweeps to bend upwards.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2018, 02:17:34 PM »
   There's an order to the placement of the blades which must be followed.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Grill-me

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2018, 01:33:46 PM »
Thank's for your responses. Scraping the crud out of the bowl is a great idea.
Happy grilling...