Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Lowe's Jumbo Joe's  (Read 1319 times)

jp217p

• WKC Brave
Lowe's Jumbo Joe's
« on: September 13, 2018, 02:31:32 PM »
Not sure if this is the correct section but I bought a 18" Jumbo Joe for $15 at Lowe's yesterday. At my local Lowe's they're still priced at $60 but I had an employee verify the price and said it was $30. I told him I had seen another Lowe's price them for $15. He had me show him the picture and discounted the grill to $15. This is my first small cooker and I couldn't be more excited. I'm actually much more excited than when I bought my SC. Probably because of the price difference. Lol. Happy grilling guys, I hope this can help somebody.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
Re: Lowe's Jumbo Joe's
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 03:10:55 PM »
I picked up one at Lowe's a couple weeks ago for $15. It was in the patio furniture clearance section sitting amongst all these huge boxes there was this little box hidden in the mix. Another Lowe's I went to had one for $20 but I passed on buying another one. 

Sent from my SM-J727T using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 04:33:39 PM »
I picked up one at Lowe's a couple weeks ago for $15. It was in the patio furniture clearance section sitting amongst all these huge boxes there was this little box hidden in the mix. Another Lowe's I went to had one for $20 but I passed on buying another one. 

Sweet score!!! I hope you're enjoying it. So the picture that I had seen was actually your post. I appreciate this so much! Because of the pictures you posted the employee hooked me up by offering me the same price. Thanks a bunch!

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 04:56:07 PM »

Sweet score!!! I hope you're enjoying it. So the picture that I had seen was actually your post. I appreciate this so much! Because of the pictures you posted the employee hooked me up by offering me the same price. Thanks a bunch!

Hey that's awesome man glad I could help you. I've not opened it yet she's sitting on the shelf in our coat closet. I picked up a Weber hinged grate last weekend for it at Target on clearance for $7.50

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 08:51:19 PM »

Hey that's awesome man glad I could help you. I've not opened it yet she's sitting on the shelf in our coat closet. I picked up a Weber hinged grate last weekend for it at Target on clearance for $7.50

Get that puppy built and lit! I used it today for burgers and chicken thighs. It easily cooked 12 burger patties at once. As a direct griller it performed extremely well. I used it on top of a plastic table. The table was not even slightly warm. I'll head over to Target tomorrow and check what all they have on clearance. I'd  be cool with a hinged grate for $7.50. Thanks again! [emoji106]

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 07:27:44 AM »
Nice scores folks. I already have a Smokey Joe and 2 22s so a Jumbo Joe probably isn't in the works for me, but I am very happy for you guys getting these great deals on them. Good cookers for sure!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Lowe's Jumbo Joe's
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 07:38:39 AM »
LOL !  @dbhost your comment about “isn’t in the works” cause you already have...
made me think this..
I can always find room for it and it could be handy to have “ just 1 more..”

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

dbhost

• WKC Brave
    • Daves Workshop Youtube page.
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 12:37:20 PM »
LOL, more along the lines of the Monty Python guy!
3 Kettles. 1998 Daisy Wheel 22.5, 2010 Smokey Joe Silver 14, 2018 Jumbo Joe Premium 22.5.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 01:45:09 PM »

I've agented for @Himey & found something in his neck of the woods that he agented to me.  I've pointed out a couple other things that I've seen in his neck of the woods & each time he has said "I'm bursting at the seems" (or something like that).
The thought of bursting at the seems with Webers just kind of cracks me up when I think of it.
To be fair, I think he was planning on moving soon, so it probably isn't helpful to acquire more kettles to move.
What do I know though. I only have two hidden in the furnace room.

vwengguy's post reminded me of this.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 06:39:29 PM by PotsieWeber »
regards,
Hal

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2018, 03:11:15 PM »
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:14:17 PM by pancho2017 »

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2018, 03:14:56 PM »
[emoji848]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 04:08:37 PM by pancho2017 »

pancho2017

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2018, 04:10:57 PM »
I'll probably get it built this weekend. I'm still kinda new to Weber Kettle cooking, and forums, but I can say I'm loving my Webers so far. I'm gonna get up early in the morning and make a Home Depot, Lowe's and one Target route before I go to work to see if there's any deals. Home Depot had a performer the last couple of weeks on semi clearance for $280 in the box (regularly $349), if it's still there and (I'm dreaming but..) if it's about $125-$150 I'm gonna grab that.

Get that puppy built and lit! I used it today for burgers and chicken thighs. It easily cooked 12 burger patties at once. As a direct griller it performed extremely well. I used it on top of a plastic table. The table was not even slightly warm. I'll head over to Target tomorrow and check what all they have on clearance. I'd  be cool with a hinged grate for $7.50. Thanks again! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

jp217p

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2018, 05:01:10 PM »
I'll probably get it built this weekend. I'm still kinda new to Weber Kettle cooking, and forums, but I can say I'm loving my Webers so far. I'm gonna get up early in the morning and make a Home Depot, Lowe's and one Target route before I go to work to see if there's any deals. Home Depot had a performer the last couple of weeks on semi clearance for $280 in the box (regularly $349), if it's still there and (I'm dreaming but..) if it's about $125-$150 I'm gonna grab that.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
Sounds like a good time! I wish you good luck! I just left Target right now and they had the Smokey Joe for $9. I passed it up because I just lost my job. [emoji853]