Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: If you already own a bunch of 22s, a 26 should be at the top of your list  (Read 2457 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
At the Northeast Meetup I was astounded at how well it held temps all day for the brisket Craig made.  Everyone talking about SnS vs snake?  Let me tell you IMO a 26 using a snake would get 95% of my long cooks done with zero fussing.

Huge fan.  Eyes wide open now.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

YardBurner

• WKC Ranger
Same here.
22's for 3 dozen years and snagged a NOS
26 last fall and it's in play 60% of the time.
Thinking about looking for another one.
(it's OK my wife doesn't read this thing)
Easy to do multi zone fires with that much room.

Meatpolice

• WKC Brave
I’m waiting for Weber to make the 26er in something other than black.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
I love my 26.  Recently sold my second one and kind of regret it lol.  Thought I had a line on a third (to replace the second I recently sold); but as others have found sellers online sometimes suck!
Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

avega2792

• WKC Brave
I totally want a 26er, but I already have two 22" kettles just sitting in the garage :( Probably wouldn't get much use!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador

At the Northeast Meetup I was astounded at how well it held temps all day for the brisket Craig made.  Everyone talking about SnS vs snake?  Let me tell you IMO a 26 using a snake would get 95% of my long cooks done with zero fussing.

Huge fan.  Eyes wide open now.

I’ve said it before many times. If I could only have one grill....

It’s been happily smoking pork butts all day. I’m on my way home.  Can’t wait.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Mike in Roseville

• WKC Performer
If you already own a bunch of 22s, a 26 should be at the top of your list
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2018, 02:14:24 PM »
[emoji106]

« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 02:16:09 PM by Mike in Roseville »

Shoestringshop

• WKC Performer

Look for a older Red, blue, or brown if you can, they made a few different colors in 26” years ago
Wife said "No more GRILLS in this house!" So I bought a 2nd house!

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
I need to use mine more, I love it too much to get rid of it but if I don't use it more I may need to sell it.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I need to use mine more, I love it too much to get rid of it but if I don't use it more I may need to sell it.

Please put me on your list sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Meatpolice

• WKC Brave

Look for a older Red, blue, or brown if you can, they made a few different colors in 26” years ago

I live in the south, never see anything. I drive north for all my buys.

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 03:10:17 PM »
Was actually thinking of getting rid of my 22s and going with just my KJ Classic, a 26, first gen Genny and Summit S620....with the 18 converted to a OTG for my son. 

I’ve run out of garage space and I live in Chicago proper with a side drive and no gate, so keeping them outside any longer than necessary is a no-go
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 03:19:20 PM by WhaleinaTeardrop »

WhaleinaTeardrop

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2018, 03:17:32 PM »
Was actually thinking of getting rid of my 22s and going with just my KJ Classic, a 26, first gen Genny and Summit S620....with the 18 converted to a OTG for my son. 

I’ve run out of garage space and I live in Chicago proper with a side drive and no gate, so keeping them outside any longer than necessary is a no-go

I was actually looking for a 26 about 8 or so years ago when I ran across a thread on either TVWBB or BBQ Brethren that said at the same price for 2 OTGs, or $100 cheaper for 2 OTSs, 2 22s is a better value than a 26 as your total cooking area is considerably larger and you have many more options running 2 Kettles versus the one, not to mention, the Target Copper Kettle was new that summer and I was INSTANTLY smitten; but much like the OP discovered, until you’ve cooked on a 26(or Ranch), you don’t realize how much more you can do with all that real estate in one place with the only downside to the Ranch being that it’s an absolute waste of a good fire if you aren’t cooking for a CROWD.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador

I was actually looking for a 26 about 8 or so years ago when I ran across a thread on either TVWBB or BBQ Brethren that said at the same price for 2 OTGs, or $100 cheaper for 2 OTSs, 2 22s is a better value than a 26 as your total cooking area is considerably larger and you have many more options running 2 Kettles versus the one, not to mention, the Target Copper Kettle was new that summer and I was INSTANTLY smitten; but much like the OP discovered, until you’ve cooked on a 26(or Ranch), you don’t realize how much more you can do with all that real estate in one place with the only downside to the Ranch being that it’s an absolute waste of a good fire if you aren’t cooking for a CROWD.

That’s the beauty of a 26 imo. I don’t find that I use any appreciable amount of fuel more than a 22 and I find it MUCH more convenient cooking a whole dinner or large cuts of meat on one grill.  I use my 26 90% of the time and the other ten percent is just wanting to cook on something different for fun.

michaelmilitello

• WKC Performer
Love my 26.  Big and black.  No wonder they called it the Fleetwood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk