Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Aldi carne picada  (Read 601 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Aldi carne picada
« on: July 31, 2018, 07:16:44 AM »
I’ve seen this and never knew what it was or how to use it. A quick in store google search revealed that its thinly sliced/chopped chuck roast and other “lesser quality” cuts whatever that means. “Carne picada” definitely sounds better lol. I decided to use it for chili for a trial run. I did half ground beef and half carne picada. It was excellent. I simmered my chili for a couple hours which I would recommend when using it.

I also made my best cornbread to date. I’m a northerner so no good family recipes and everyone I know only uses jiffy mix. I followed the recipe on a bag of cornmeal and used the cast iron and it turned out really good. I almost have the family on board. They have never cared for anything other than jiffy mix and I refuse to except that is as good as it gets. I personally liked the homemade much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Aldi carne picada
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2018, 07:26:48 AM »
That looks amazing!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Aldi carne picada
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 08:03:00 AM »
Wow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.