Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How to find an agent now that the map is gone?  (Read 2112 times)

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
How to find an agent now that the map is gone?
« on: June 22, 2018, 01:26:36 PM »
So with the map now gone its getting harder to figure out who we might be able to reach out to when looking for an agent outside of where we might live.   (unless there is a plan to replace that already somehow?)

Any thoughts on what we can do to replace it?  Maybe a thread like this with a comprehensive list of members who might be willing to act as an agent for someone else and their location?

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Re: How to find an agent now that the map is gone?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 01:44:32 PM »
How much $ for the map for a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 03:18:27 PM »

How much $ for the map for a year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it’s like $200. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club
I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2018, 05:24:39 PM »
I think you can do a similar thing with Google maps? I think it's free? If so maybe @Troy or any other admin can set it up and then we will just have to repopulate it.
Together we'll fight the long defeat.

Schaefd2

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2018, 05:50:55 PM »

I think you can do a similar thing with Google maps? I think it's free? If so maybe @Troy or any other admin can set it up and then we will just have to repopulate it.
i was actually looking at setting that up, but I have kids. I’ll start again soon [emoji23]

I've been called the Robin Hood of Weber Kettles.

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 09:13:08 AM »
I was just looking for that map and finally found this post. Sad to see the map is gone (along with the "online finds" section from the app). But while searching for the map i did find an old thread,
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/kettle-club-discussions/map-of-club-membersagents/   

It looks like @MartyG made us a google map back in 2013,
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=210384546047207983744.0004cfcbf78978f4c30de&msa=0

Should we start using this one?  or is there another map we are currently using?
Text @ 419-619-6379

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 04:58:29 PM »
I was going nuts the last couple of weeks, began wondering if the map was a figment of my imagination. 
regards,
Hal

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 07:01:31 AM »
Just ask for an agent jn the area you need

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

GrillGuyMosier

• WKC Ranger
    • My eBay Items
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 07:10:22 AM »

Sometimes when you do that, people will search that area for a Weber and buy it from under you.
Text @ 419-619-6379

jeffrackmo

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 10:42:50 AM »

Sometimes when you do that, people will search that area for a Weber and buy it from under you.

For those that DO that sort of sacrilege, Karma will run over their Dogma!!  Nothing worse than your dogma getting run over...  I tell ewe whut.....

Lets just say I have acquired a few Kettles.  Big and small.   Vintage and New...  Some say I have a problem.  I find the Kettle, buy the Kettle, USE the Kettle...No problem...

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2019, 02:47:21 PM »
There are an awful lot of lurkers around.
I had two that I already made arrangements to travel a fairly far distance to pick up wound up getting posted on here.  One, the guy backed out on.  The other guy told me how he wound up getting a lot of calls with people trying to get him to sell it to them instead.  He figured a deal was a deal, so one of them started telling him how some of these can be really valuable & if you have the right one, Weber allegedly might pay you up to $10,000 for it.  In other words, after he figured out he couldn't snake my purchase, he tried messing with the sale. 

For those that DO that sort of sacrilege, Karma will run over their Dogma!!  Nothing worse than your dogma getting run over...  I tell ewe whut.....

regards,
Hal

Red_5_Wrangler

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2019, 05:55:05 PM »
Wow fuck that guy! I havent seen many people from Iowa on here but the few guys I have brushed up against that are near dont seem friendly. I have had 2 sellers tell me someone from 2 hrs out tried to up and steal a sale. One guy I just thanked the other guy I had an extra 10 on me and gave it up with a thanks. I have a pending sale now that I am praying wont get snaked while the snow is coming down. Everyone I have dealt with on here and in Kansas City have been great tho.
ISO - CMist Go Anywhere, the cheif, yellow

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2019, 05:15:57 AM »
Well hopefully you get what you are trying to get. Luckily out here in california we have a pretty damn strong community of grillfellas.

PotsieWeber

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2019, 07:18:34 AM »
Yeah, that guy did a total baby move.  The same seller also told me someone else kept calling, but never left a message.  When he finally got ahold of the guy & the guy explained that he was keeping his word to the first buyer who contacted him.  He said the guy practically started yelling at him, telling the seller that he should sell it to him because he "really" first in line because he had called before I did (but did never left a message).

I sent you a PM asking where in Iowa you are, in case I need an agent.  I you need something by me, let me know.

Wow fuck that guy! I havent seen many people from Iowa on here but the few guys I have brushed up against that are near dont seem friendly. I have had 2 sellers tell me someone from 2 hrs out tried to up and steal a sale. One guy I just thanked the other guy I had an extra 10 on me and gave it up with a thanks. I have a pending sale now that I am praying wont get snaked while the snow is coming down. Everyone I have dealt with on here and in Kansas City have been great tho.
regards,
Hal

solidgoldstein

• WKC Brave
How to find an agent now that the map is gone?
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2019, 08:36:08 AM »
Well hopefully you get what you are trying to get. Luckily out here in california we have a pretty damn strong community of grillfellas.

Some real great people for sure - made some friends! BUTTT I have gotten snaked twice in the last few months. Once on a 26” aristocrat in Fresno area I was leaving to get after an agreement with seller was reached, and another on a yellow 22” in SD my friend was in the car on way to get for me before an abrupt message from the seller again after we had an agreement saying that “it was no longer available”

It’s a bummer for sure, but it’s just kind of the way it is. I try and remind myself that they’re things I want, not things I need. So many variables between sellers with no prior knowledge figuring out what something might actually be worth and potential buyers being willing to offer more than the asking price for an item. Either way, best thing to do is just handle things yourself, drop everything and run if it’s something you REALLY want, and cross your fingers.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2019, 08:58:33 AM by solidgoldstein »