Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How much do you love your 18 Weber?  (Read 2488 times)

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
Re: How much do you love your 18 Weber?
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2018, 11:18:01 AM »
One of my first dedicated tailgate grills was a Labatt’s Blue 18’ Weber.  It was perfect for grilling taco’s wings, etc.  :)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2018, 11:56:50 AM »
Hey @Winz
Can you kindly share how you get your pictures to appear full size like that?

Thanks!

He hosts them elsewhere, in this case Dropbox. You can also sign up for WKC's free image hosting service, pics.weberkettleclub.com It's a separate login from your WKC login.

After that, it's all about sizing the photos how you want so that they're not too large/heavy. Getting the URL. And then posting it here within IMG tags.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Larry The BBQ Guy

• WKC Brave
    • BBQitALL
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2018, 01:04:35 PM »
Great! Thanks much!
26" Orig. Premium Black, 22" Orig. black, 22" Jumbo Joe black, 14" Smokey Joe black. More to come.

auto180sx

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2018, 02:33:46 PM »
Haven't used my 18 since the Misses upgraded me to a 22. My 18 has hand many amazing cooks, I need to break it out soon. 

Side note: Anyone turned an 18 into a pizza oven?

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2018, 11:21:15 AM »
The 18 can do anything its bigger brothers and sisters can do... just in smaller quantities. And it's easy to move around. Portable. And cuter. :)
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2018, 03:09:38 AM »
Haven't used my 18 since the Misses upgraded me to a 22. My 18 has hand many amazing cooks, I need to break it out soon. 

Side note: Anyone turned an 18 into a pizza oven?

Sent from my Pixel using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
I was thinking about using an 18 for pizza oven. I would image it would require less fuel to get it up to temps since the space is smaller. But I haven't made pizza before. Maybe one of the pizza pros can chime in.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 04:31:42 AM »
If I'd done it on an 18 I don't remember. But since the charcoal and cook grates are closer you're battling the issue of burning the bottom even more than when on a 22.

The KettlePizza is configurable for the 18.5 but you'll notice hardly anyone uses it that way. Probably because you can't stuff as much fuel into an 18.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 01:13:18 PM »
I think the 18s are ideal for pizza

I have a Modded (cut) 18 lid (my favorite), as well as a PizzaQue and KettlePizza both configured for the 18.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dude, relax your chicken.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 01:44:47 PM »
I think the 18s are ideal for pizza

I have a Modded (cut) 18 lid (my favorite), as well as a PizzaQue and KettlePizza both configured for the 18.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Dazzo's 18" pizza lid at last year's WKC picnic.  Rick rocked the pizza's all day. Karen (as well as the rest of us) hope it makes another appearance this year.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2018, 03:02:41 PM »
OK that's pretty neat; I wasn't aware. I'll search the Pizza subforum for more.

wessonjb

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2018, 05:43:57 PM »
Broke out the OTG 18 tonight for some cedar plank salmon.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app