Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Carson Rodizio Kit  (Read 3706 times)

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Carson Rodizio Kit
« on: February 26, 2018, 01:20:26 AM »
Anyone currently using this kit?  I've been eying it for over a year  and the only reason i haven't pulled the trigger yet is that every time I check the website, it seems that it's always on a 2 months backorder. To say I'm a bit of a impulsive buyer might be an understatement. Just don't have the patience of ordering something that arrives in 2-3 months. Any feedbacks is much appreciated. Who knows it might be worth the wait. Thanks.

https://carsonrodizio.com/collections/featured-products/products/kit
« Last Edit: February 26, 2018, 02:06:05 AM by Jules V. »

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
Re: Carson Rodizio Kit
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 06:36:14 AM »
I have 2 of the kits, which I bought at a discount during the original Kickstarter campaign.  It is fun to use.  I use them when I tailgate and when I have company to the house.  It is a great way to feed a lot of people, along with cooking different foods.  They are well made, but a bit expensive. 

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 02:32:28 PM »
I want one of those in the worst way!  saw that when I first wanted to make Picanha, been drooling over it ever since.  Hard to pull the trigger on though. One of these days!!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 02:34:14 PM »
I want one of those in the worst way!  saw that when I first wanted to make Picanha, been drooling over it ever since.  Hard to pull the trigger on though. One of these days!!
Much easier to pull the trigger if you don't have to wait 3 months for delivery.

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 02:37:17 PM »
@Jules V. , true, that would suck, I've gotten WAAAAY to used to prime 2 day shipping...LOL
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

Bubblehead

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:33:29 PM »
@Jules V. , I am with you, the only reason I haven't purchased one yet is because I don't want to wait.  I was thinking I'd get really drunk and visiting the website and hopefully forget I ordered it.  Then when it arrives......SURPRISE, Carson Rodizio!

Jules V.

• WKC Ranger
Carson Rodizio Kit
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 04:35:33 PM »
Being as impatient as i am, i would gladly pay an extra $100 if it can be delivered in 3 days instead of 3 months.

Fire Starter

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2018, 11:57:30 PM »
I really want one but seen a few vids they are apparently pretty noisy??

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club

CatskillSmoker

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 03:31:17 AM »
Why are we such an instant gratification society.
Doesn't anyone have patience anymore?
Oh yeah, people yell at microwave ovens to hurry up.
"Good things come to those who wait".

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 04:54:20 AM »
I don’t get the allure of this contraption. Seems like it would be awkward and a pain in the butt to clean. And as a bonus it’s expensive and on back order. Bamboo skewers are cheap and I can load a 22 completely up directly over coals. Turn and rotate frequently and throw the skewers away when done.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

hawgheaven

• WKC Performer
    • Hawg Heaven Smokin' BBQ
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
I don’t get the allure of this contraption. Seems like it would be awkward and a pain in the butt to clean. And as a bonus it’s expensive and on back order. Bamboo skewers are cheap and I can load a 22 completely up directly over coals. Turn and rotate frequently and throw the skewers away when done.

Yup. Not sure of the attraction. I've lived all these years without one, and don't see it improving my life. Save yer money. My thoughts.
Multiple kettles and WSM's. I am not a collector, just a gatherer... and a sick bastard.

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2018, 06:16:38 PM »
It’ s an accessory, like a Slow n’ Sear, rotisserie, vortex, griddle, etc.  If you think you’ll use it and are willing to wait, buy it.  My thoughts.  BTW, you can crank out a ton of chicken wings one of these.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2018, 03:17:29 AM »

It’ s an accessory, like a Slow n’ Sear, rotisserie, vortex, griddle, etc.  If you think you’ll use it and are willing to wait, buy it.  My thoughts.  BTW, you can crank out a ton of chicken wings one of these.

Those other accessories you named,  I can understand and appreciate a purpose. I honestly am missing the point of this one, not putting it down. It looks like all of the top skewers wouldn’t be getting much heat while the lower ones would. Or am I missing something?

MDiBar

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2018, 07:55:39 AM »

Those other accessories you named,  I can understand and appreciate a purpose. I honestly am missing the point of this one, not putting it down. It looks like all of the top skewers wouldn’t be getting much heat while the lower ones would. Or am I missing something?

I use lump charcoal to build the fire, which produces more than enough heat.  True, the bottom skewers will cook faster, than the top, so you rotate them, but the top skewers receive plenty of heat.  I used 2 of them on 2 kettles at a tailgate a couple of years ago and fed 30+ people.  It definitely catches people attention.  I refer to it as the “ spinning meat circus”.  Not trying to sell you, just answering the question.

RRRanger99

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 28, 2018, 08:32:47 AM »
This is one of those instances where I'll buy one, only if I win the lottery. More of a want than a need for me, but I'll put it to use regularly.