Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cajun Bandit Stacker pros and cons  (Read 4301 times)

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
Cajun Bandit Stacker pros and cons
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
I asked for the CB Stacker for the kettle this Christmas and if Santa doesn’t bring it I may use some cash and just pull the trigger. I’m wondering does the CB Stacker have a major advantage over the snake method or minion and SnS? The longest burn time I’ve had with my SnS was 9 hours. Should I expect more with the Stacker setup? Is refuling a big pain in the ass?  And lastly, does anyone have one not getting used that they’d part with that I might save some money over a NIB setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cajun Bandit Stacker pros and cons
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 07:50:38 PM »
Anything stacked has a capacity advantage, right?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 11:11:31 PM »
   You'll get a longer burn time using their ring and pie pan for a minion, to go with the stacker. Looking at their site looks like the pie pan has been eliminated. The only negative is no grommet hole(s) but that can be easily remedied by drilling your own. Overall a fine addition to have for your weber.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 04:03:25 AM »
The burn time is tremendous even with lump.  Also you have the benefit of using 100% of your grate.  Make sure you get the deflector.  It's the best kettle accessory I have.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 06:50:47 AM »
I acquired a CB stacker a few weeks ago via CL. It came with the deflector and charcoal ring. I am very impressed with the quality of the stacker. It's built like a brick shithouse. The original owner made a mod to allow for another cook grate, which in turn allows for more capacity.

I've only used the stacker once... I cooked an 11 lb turkey using the stacker and my brand new SnS+ this past weekend. The turkey turned out great!

I have a 22" WSM that rarely gets used. I was on the fence on whether or not to put it up for sale... Having the stacker in my arsenal confirms that I will be putting the WSM on the market this spring.
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 07:09:42 AM »
It looks like in pics I've seen that the kettle lid goes on over the lip of the CB stacker correct?  This eliminates the water issues with the WSM?  With the stacker on is the standard kettle grate too close to the fire to use both grates?  Thanks for the input so far fellas.
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »

It looks like in pics I've seen that the kettle lid goes on over the lip of the CB stacker correct? This eliminates the water issues with the WSM? 

Yes and yes.

With the stacker on is the standard kettle grate too close to the fire to use both grates?  Thanks for the input so far fellas.

I would say yes. I believe you put the heat deflector (i.e. pizza pan) on the "standard" kettle grate. I'll try to get some pics later this week of my stacker and the mods that it's original owner made to give it an extra grate.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 03:36:08 AM »
Great thread. I don’t have one but always thought they sounded great from what little I have read. I doubt I would need a second grate very often if I had full use of a 22” grate. If I had to do it again, I would have gone this rout versus the 18 wsm which I really like but the grate size is limiting.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 05:18:48 AM »
Great point about full use of the 22" grate @HoosierKettle !  I don't see myself getting a WSM but from my limited research and Q&A I think this is the route for me.  I'd like to eventually get the 18" version also so it could go on an Outrider or something like that.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2017, 05:47:24 AM »
   18" Outrider and CB stacker is a perfect combination for smoking. Some pics for your viewing.

[attachment deleted by admin]

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2017, 05:58:30 AM »

I have the old style CB Conversion, and love it.

@swamprb can tell us more about the newer Stacker in various sizes...
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2017, 11:15:55 PM »
I love my stacker

it can hold 2 grates and the heat deflector.
It will burn 24 hours with the right setup

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2017, 04:00:12 AM »
I love my 18 & 22" Stackers
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2017, 04:59:00 AM »
24 hrs? Damn, sounds like the Cajun Bandit stacker is a WSM killer.

GoAnywhereJeep

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2017, 07:51:15 AM »
Damn, sounds like the Cajun Bandit stacker is a WSM killer.

Doing it over again, I would buy the CB stacker over a WSM. The WSM found a new home already.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 08:24:37 AM by GoAnywhereJeep »
YouTube channels: GringoBBQ & RubiconFI