Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Playing with my Red Limited Edition kettle  (Read 2633 times)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Playing with my Red Limited Edition kettle
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2017, 03:49:00 PM »
Looks great! I will be there eventually.

Sent from my XT1032 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I almost went with red caliper paint on the fire place handle strap with Zav wood with whitewalls as shown,which will look great.  But I will let you tackle that theme.  :) :) :)

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2017, 03:56:39 PM »
Does the Smoke look correct in your pictures like it does when looking at the kettle? Does it look platinum or nickel? JCCayer still  has some. Ivory is special order. Ships within 10-15 business days.
 I think I figured $283 USD to Texas last time I looked. I like the ones you can use for a mirror.

In person, the Smoke has more top layer sheen similar to black chrome finish. It does have reflective porcelain finish to it that no other kettle has. Not sure if you can use it for a mirror.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2017, 12:37:41 AM »
What was the order names of the wood on the ivory for Brian? I'd like to reproduce that on mine. Looks elegant!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2017, 12:47:26 AM »
Does the Smoke look correct in your pictures like it does when looking at the kettle? Does it look platinum or nickel? JCCayer still  has some. Ivory is special order. Ships within 10-15 business days.
 I think I figured $283 USD to Texas last time I looked. I like the ones you can use for a mirror.

In person, the Smoke has more top layer sheen similar to black chrome finish. It does have reflective porcelain finish to it that no other kettle has. Not sure if you can use it for a mirror.

Hmm, That might be the one to collect. Sorry to divert the discussion from red, but how would you describe the color in lower diffused light without all the reflections? Just gray? Any metallic character to it? Yeah, I like your handle (traditional look!).
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 12:51:30 AM by TD »

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2017, 01:25:34 AM »
What was the order names of the wood on the ivory for Brian? I'd like to reproduce that on mine. Looks elegant!

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Black and White Ebony. Do it Captjoe!

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 01:30:24 AM by greenweb »

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Playing with my Red Limited Edition kettle
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2017, 01:26:53 AM »
I’ll check out his eBay page to see, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2017, 01:48:04 AM »
I’ll check out his eBay page to see, thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

I never seen him list these Ebony handles on ebay. Best bet would be to PM Zav to make you a set.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2017, 01:57:59 AM »

Hmm, That might be the one to collect. Sorry to divert the discussion from red, but how would you describe the color in lower diffused light without all the reflections? Just gray? Any metallic character to it? Yeah, I like your handle (traditional look!).

Don't know how to describe any more than what I have already mentioned. Not good at explaining. Don't want to give you wrong info.

instead, few pics for you to go on.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 02:09:55 AM by greenweb »

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2017, 02:36:04 AM »
The Smoke looks so metallic in the pictures. Looks like high gloss gunmetal aluminum or platinum or nickel plated. I like that wood handle best! I like the raw metal strap.  Stop I  can't take it anymore. lol

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2017, 02:57:41 AM »
@ TD

The Smoke looks so metallic in the pictures. - yes!
Looks like high gloss gunmetal aluminum or platinum or nickel plated. - yes!

These pics might explain better.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 03:01:29 AM by greenweb »

TD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2017, 03:00:20 PM »
Awesome. You are right about the mirror. It is highly reflective, but if it were a black the images of the trees would be sharp.

Thanks for the photos.