Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pepper Stout Beef: PSB 3  (Read 2264 times)

Firemunkee

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pepper Stout Beef: PSB 3
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2017, 09:02:40 AM »
I have it going right now finishing in the oven. It's been in there for 2 hours at 325 and it is at 210 internal temp, but isn't fork tender yet. Do I go ahead and pull it or keep going until tender? In all of Wolfe's PSB videos he indicated to go until tender and temp is just a guideline as to when that might be. In the videos he braises for 3-3.5 hours.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Together we'll fight the long defeat.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Pepper Stout Beef: PSB 3
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2017, 11:46:31 AM »
I'm NOT an expert at this but "go until tender and temp is just a guideline" always rings true.

One variable that impacts tenderness is how hot the pit has been cooking at. The hotter the oven, the higher the meat will have to go before it gets tender.

325 isn't "low and slow." If you had been going closer to 225-250 it would have taken longer to reach "all done" but you could have stopped everything at a lower temp than 210 in the meat.

Sounds like you'll be OK so long as you let it ride, but dob't dry it out too much.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch