Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Restoration questions  (Read 1194 times)

Erictag

• WKC Brave
Restoration questions
« on: October 29, 2017, 08:20:55 AM »
I picked up a MBH kettle that has a wood lid handle that is secured by two rivets.  Can I remove the handle and find a non rivet new wood replacement handle?  (I’m not excited about learning how to rivet).  Or do I need to rehab and refinish the existing handle?

Also, needs a new ash tray.   Did I see previously that a member makes these?

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Eric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

greenweb

• WKC Performer
Re: Restoration questions
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 08:32:46 AM »
Congrats! It is up to you if you want to refinish the handle or drill out the rivets and install Zav handle. Just yesterday, I drilled out my Brownie handle and put Zav tiger wood handle on it. Looks much better.

As for the ash pan.... clean it up and reuse or order re-manufactured ash pan from Jeff. It is all up to you.

I will be restoring my Brownie MBH in the future. For now I cleaned up the lid and replaced the handle. Good luck on your restore.

Cellar2ful

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 10:13:37 AM »
Here is a link to the thread on ordering reproduction ash pans.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/member-sales-trades/re-reproduction-ash-pans-ready-for-order-32717/30/

You can order a new wood handle by sending a PM to @zavod44.
"Chasing Classic Kettles"

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 05:49:07 PM »
Congrats! It is up to you if you want to refinish the handle or drill out the rivets and install Zav handle. Just yesterday, I drilled out my Brownie handle and put Zav tiger wood handle on it. Looks much better.

As for the ash pan.... clean it up and reuse or order re-manufactured ash pan from Jeff. It is all up to you.

I will be restoring my Brownie MBH in the future. For now I cleaned up the lid and replaced the handle. Good luck on your restore.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Erictag

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2017, 05:49:49 PM »

Thank you !