Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Jalapeño boats  (Read 1008 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Jalapeño boats
« on: October 25, 2017, 10:15:06 AM »
I used 1/2 box of cream cheese, a generous amount of cocoa rub from a friend and leftover BBQ-ish type sauce. Microwaved for 30 seconds to soften the cheese, mixed it up, then spread into pepper boats.

I lit a small chimney of briquets, along with an apple chunk for my mini WSM. No diffuser was used. After initially ramping up to 275, it very soon settled at 225 and stayed there like a single-issue voter too blinded to see they vote against their own best interests. I’m saying it was rock-solid.

I thought I’d save some and take some to my inlaws “but it didn’t happen.”  ::)
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Jalapeño boats
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2017, 11:09:46 AM »

Nice! … but, no bacon ??   ??? … Hmmmm ;D :P

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2017, 12:46:35 PM »
When I bought them, I surely had bacon in mind. And then I bought bacon and used that first. No bacon. This was good in its own right. Sometimes also, bacon has a way of over-baconing things. This was actually, already fairly complex in flavor!
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 07:02:42 AM »
What is this "over-baconing" of which you speak? I'm not sure that's a thing. ;-)

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 05:56:54 PM »
This sounds like a delicious mix. Very nicely done, sir. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk