Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I get by with a little help from my friends  (Read 7943 times)

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
I get by with a little help from my friends
« on: July 21, 2017, 07:52:20 AM »
Every day that goes by I feel just a little more guilty that I haven't divulged my recent acquisitions and shared the kindness of other WKC'ers associated with those scores.  Here we go.

Big thank you to @tspin818 for offering up several of his kettles to the club.  I was the first to inquire on his 18" Lime and condiment rack.  Thomas was super accommodating, holding the grill for a couple weeks while I was on vacation.  When the package arrived several weeks later, he threw in a new two-rivet handle, AND this green SJ!! He couldn't bare to separate the lime 18" and SJ and wanted to re-home them together.  I promise they will never be separated, Tspin818, thanks!
I watched all those recent meet-up events from the sidelines and I wish I could have attended one of them.  Thank you to everyone who shared photos of these incredible events for those of us who couldn't attend.  I kinda/sorta got in on the action when @mcgolden posted possible items for trade at the Chicago meet-up.  He offered up a shish ring in excellent condition with its original box.  A trade was agreed upon and both items from both parties were in the mail the same day; probably the most expeditious exchange I've ever made.  He went way above and beyond while packaging the original box.  Thank you again.
This "C" code SJ was up for sale by @crumbsnatcher and he was gracious enough to offer up some wiggle room on the sale price.  So a deal was made and this '81 made its way down to Florida.  Eventually this will be gifted to my friend as his birthyear grill.  I've been watching his Weberitis develop ever since I gifted him a kettle, so I know he is going to love this!  Thank you, @crumbsnatcher.
I've had some members reach out to find and make them midgets.  This "O" code 18" OTS was from our former friend Smokin Performer who listed a complete grill on eBay for $150 but it never sold.  He then offered it to the WKC for $50, but just the bowl and lid.  I snagged it knowing I had plenty of spare parts.  Say what you will about the guy, he did throw in an original box of 100/100 condition while packing this kettle.  Thanks, Smokin Performer, wherever you are.  This little guy is on his way to a new home this weekend.  I'll be sad to see it go... so to fill that empty hole in my heart, I found a rockin red "K" for myself and made another 22" midget to match the blue.

Thanks to each of you who helped with these acquisitions.  More to come later today. 
Happy Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
« Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 11:52:30 AM by Mr.CPHo »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
Re: I get by with a little help from my friends
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 08:06:17 AM »
Wow @Mr.CPHo that is amazing. I had to go back and look at the pictures again. Love the lime and other 18's. Amazing generosity from more members.
WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 08:23:24 AM »
Great trading with you. It was a great addition to my collection. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 08:43:43 AM »
Wowzers, beautiful kettles! What a great spree you've been on, congrats!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 10:07:38 AM »
You have a beautiful collection, Charlie. Love to hear all the interaction between club members. Nice job, fella's. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2017, 10:12:53 AM »
SWEEEEET!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

chiku18

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2017, 10:15:34 AM »
@Mr.CPHo - Some serious beautiful collection and very detailed with the pictures. There are many kettles I have been eyeing for long time :). You have been quietly collecting/Trading , glad you shared some pics with the club.
Looking for Colored 18 MBH

Lowbrass

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2017, 10:30:50 AM »
So awesome!  Very jealous of your collection, especially the 18" lime!  Great wheelin and dealin man!
"The Fairway" '74, 22” Turquose, 18" Red C code, 18" Blue DU code x2, Gen 2 Grass Green Performer, 26” Glen Blue, Spring Green, "Bone", Turquose, Blue Wave, Wedgewood Blue, “Smoke”, Crimson and Homer SJGs.  14" and 18" WSM

Grails (HELP!): IMPERIAL GLEN BLUE!

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2017, 05:38:34 PM »
Sweet! Love the lime 18". Congrats on your new additions.

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2017, 05:45:51 PM »

mhiszem

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2017, 05:48:59 PM »
Great looking blue Mbh to top out the trio. Congrats!

WGA, Uline Green SJ, '95 Red M/T, '88 Red 18", '01 Plum SSP, Patent Pending Yellow

buckeyesmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2017, 05:49:05 PM »
Very Very Nice Charlie !!!!  ....I do have to admit ..I have a thing for that faded black 18" with tape marks.  That's a Kool piece

........Looking for a Westerner

Search of Blue or Green MBH

Rub

• WKC Ranger
    • Swamp Boys BBQ
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2017, 06:33:12 PM »
Beauties, congrats!
In the market for unicorns to complete my collection: Ambassador, Plainsman, Meat Cut, Custom, Blue 18 MBH, Green 18 MBH

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2017, 06:49:51 PM »
You've acquired some some pretty sweet grills recently.

Is the Blue MBH the one from Canada on Ebay the other day?
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Mr.CPHo

• WKC Mod
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2017, 11:02:11 PM »

You've acquired some some pretty sweet grills recently.

Is the Blue MBH the one from Canada on Ebay the other day?
Yes.
Canadian Find Of The Year
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/index.php?topic=31090