Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Covered area for grills  (Read 1602 times)

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Covered area for grills
« on: May 13, 2017, 05:11:45 AM »
I'm thinking of building a lean to roof over part of the BBQ area. Looking for some ideas from anyone who has done something similar.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

swamprb

• WKC Performer
Re: Covered area for grills
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 06:34:32 AM »
I started out with a fabric top gazebo type cover off a 12x12 shed AKA "The Bone Shack" until a 100' tall Douglas Fir tree blew over and took out part of the roof.

I had the roofers add a covered extension that is over a 12x12 deck. Its got power and lights now.

It gets crowded in the winter!

« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 06:37:33 AM by swamprb »
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 06:45:19 AM »
The bone shack is awesome. I might work up to that. I was thinking of starting with something rustic. And by rustic I mean extremely cheap and simple. Then work my way up to something like that.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Covered area for grills
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »
For less than $150 a fabric pavilion/tent type would make a nice covering. If I remember right, you mentioned in another thread that you don't get much wind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 08:38:55 AM »

For less than $150 a fabric pavilion/tent type would make a nice covering. If I remember right, you mentioned in another thread that you don't get much wind.

I've got one of those.  But haven't used it for grilling yet.  2 problems with those is water would run off the side towards the house and into the overhang area where I keep the grills. The other problem is snow. I'm a four season griller.  I think I'll put together a simple lean to roof that will shed the water to the desired side. Maybe just large enough to cover a couple grills.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2017, 08:41:22 AM »
That's a good point about the snow. I didn't consider that.

Spen1818

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2017, 11:33:40 AM »

Lots of lean to'd on this Facebook group

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need