Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber briquettes  (Read 2230 times)

nitis

• WKC Brave
Re: Weber briquettes
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2017, 06:56:05 PM »
I went through a 20# bag and overall I liked them

They are more difficult to light and get going as when I tried to snake them it didn't work great.  Now maybe there could be some learning curve for this over doing many many snakes with KBB

I didn't do anything scientific but to me they ashed less and burnt longer
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2017, 07:51:45 PM »
If price was no object, I would rate the Weber briquettes at #2 right behind Basques briquettes. If I rate what I have available including price, From worst to best.
Kingsford 13 bucks for 15lbs,  is definitely the worst. It fucking stinks. Lots of ash. I can smell the coal

Royal Oak, pungent but not too bad. 9.00 bucks a bag is a good price for 15+lbs. A bit too much ash.

Maple Leaf. it's nice. I like the blend of beech, birch and maple. 13 bucks a bag, 17+lbs, Made in Canada, ash is ok

Weber... Nice, not overpowering, too damn expensive. ash is good. Hardest to light

Basques... pure sugar maple... fantastic... lights easy, smells great, 11 bucks for 17+lbs ,Made in Canada, least amount of ash, not by much.

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2017, 08:02:20 PM »
@Darko , tis a shame that RO is $9 a bag.  It is cheaper at my local Lowe's....$6 per bag.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2017, 08:26:23 PM »
@Darko , tis a shame that RO is $9 a bag.  It is cheaper at my local Lowe's....$6 per bag.

I was just looking at that RO tonight as someone mentioned that the cowboy lump was on sale at lowes.  IF you order ahead online you can usually find a $15 off $50 coupon and really save at lowes!
2 Genesis A summit Gold B a Performer a homemade cabinet pellet smoker and a big piece of pipe buried in the ground

nitis

• WKC Brave
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2017, 08:27:08 PM »
If price was no object, I would rate the Weber briquettes at #2 right behind Basques briquettes. If I rate what I have available including price, From worst to best.
Kingsford 13 bucks for 15lbs,  is definitely the worst. It fucking stinks. Lots of ash. I can smell the coal

Royal Oak, pungent but not too bad. 9.00 bucks a bag is a good price for 15+lbs. A bit too much ash.

Maple Leaf. it's nice. I like the blend of beech, birch and maple. 13 bucks a bag, 17+lbs, Made in Canada, ash is ok

Weber... Nice, not overpowering, too damn expensive. ash is good. Hardest to light

Basques... pure sugar maple... fantastic... lights easy, smells great, 11 bucks for 17+lbs ,Made in Canada, least amount of ash, not by much.

I found a guy somewhat local tome who does competition and has Basques available now I just need to get our schedules to line up so I can meet him

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2017, 08:35:23 PM »
Those are Canadian dollars... on conversion probably not too much different.

actually I just checked,  6 bucks US is equal to $8.20 CDN

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2017, 08:44:55 PM »
Those are Canadian dollars... on conversion probably not too much different.

actually I just checked,  6 bucks US is equal to $8.20 CDN

Got it.  Not a bad deal then.
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2017, 06:33:43 PM »
No, SJ... it is not hard to beat KBB.  That's like saying it's hard to beat MacDonalds for burgers or Budweiser for beer...

All that stuff is OK, not great.  It's basically your lowest common denominator.  Stubbs on the otherhand is near the top end of the scale.

X_____________
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers