Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Bought a Weber Performer - New to grilling  (Read 4485 times)

PayBack

• Smokey Joe
Bought a Weber Performer - New to grilling
« on: April 26, 2017, 05:56:56 PM »
Ok, late last year I Bought a Weber Performer. I got it off of Craigslist. I bought it for $200 NIB but thought it was a newer Performer. I found it's the 2010 model and was a little sad. I was thinking of selling it but I found this site (glad I did) and now I want to keep it. I saw that my lid has "Canadian Club" painted on it. Is it fairly easy to sell Weber lids? I would like to buy a new one. I was also interested in the new black metal table. Anyone know if that will fit? I'm new to grilling and can't wait to get started. Since finding this site I'm eager to customize my Performer as I see that people here do that. Thanks in advanced and look forward to seeing everyone's builds.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:14:12 PM by PayBack »
Low and Slow

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
Re: Bought a Weber Performer - New to grilling
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2017, 06:44:34 PM »
@PayBack welcome.  When you say your kid has "Canadian Club" painted on it, I assume you mean your performer's lid?  If that's the case, you have a promo grill that Weber does for numerous companies.  I'd keep it (unless you really hate Canadian Club whiskey).  If you call Weber customer service, you can buy a new black metal table, and it will fit just fine on your model.  Many here have done it.  Best of luck, and enjoy the performer, it's a great grilling machine.  It will fit all your needs, unless you become bit by the Weberitis bug like the rest of us.
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

PayBack

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2017, 07:17:56 PM »
Thank you sir! Excuse my fat fingers haha. Pretty neat that it's a promo. Will try to get it replaced. Thinking about doing a Raider theme. What's the weberitis bug? Any lingo that is used on this site you can explain? It will help me better understand what people are describing/talking about.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 07:22:04 PM by PayBack »
Low and Slow

Foster Dahlet

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2017, 07:33:04 PM »
@PayBack , Weberitis:  An uncontrollable urge for acquiring and using Weber products, particularly vintage models & hard to find colors. 
I like my Kettles like my coffee....strong and black.

2019 Black 26" OKP; 2015 Black 22" OKP; 2004 Black SJP; mid 70's Statesman; mid 70's Gourmet, 2017 Black CGA; 2000 Black GGA;

PayBack

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2017, 07:41:09 PM »
Haha, gotcha. Just got done reading the glossary. Good stuff.
Low and Slow

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2017, 08:01:05 PM »
You can also get the table on ereplacementparts.com. A quick search will find you what you want.  They aren't super cheap, but they are great.  You can also prob search Craigslist and find a black kettle to swap the lid off pretty cheap....

Sent from my XT1650 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2017, 06:45:51 AM »
@PayBack member @LiquidOcelot loves him some logo lids. Maybe yall can work something out.
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2017, 06:49:51 AM »
oh indeed. post some pictures of your peeformer

cumminfourya

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2017, 07:16:13 AM »
Congrats on the performer, you will love it!!! And welcome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2017, 08:29:06 AM »
Congrats and thats a smoking price for nib..regardless of model year.

If you hate the logo...try offering a swap for non logo lid in the member trade section.

Grills

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2017, 08:32:58 AM »
Love to see a picture.
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2017, 09:56:38 AM »
Welcome! I have seen people pay more for used performer for more than that. Very unique NOS performer to have that logo. I would keep it as is with the same lid unless you really hate it.

LiquidOcelot

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2017, 10:05:17 AM »
also post a picture of the partnumber/ description panel on the box. I wanna try to build up a logo glossary

PayBack

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2017, 11:20:05 AM »
Thanks everyone! I don't have it assembled yet. The everyone is talking, might have to set it up tonight. @LiquidOcelot I'll definitely do that when I get home after work.

I see a lot of people have multiple weber grills. Where do you guys find the space for that? I'm excited seems like there are a lot vets that know how to use them. Looking forward to learning how to grill.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 11:22:36 AM by PayBack »
Low and Slow

nunyabinis

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2017, 11:23:22 AM »
I bought a Performer last year.  It's awesome.  I'm sure yours will be too.