Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews  (Read 154424 times)

Craig

• WKC Mod
Re: Limited Edition Red 22 Kettle: News, Views & Reviews
« Reply #45 on: March 23, 2017, 06:57:52 AM »
One of the options on the table - think of H. Simpson logo placement....

Currently, not one of the options...

"I am also guessing that if logoed will be on the handle or on the taco shell somehow."

So you're saying it's going to have the logo printed on the lid in some fashion?  Forgive me if I should know this, but is this "Topper" cartoon guy a part a Weber marketing from the past?

So if I'm reading everything correctly, this will be available later this year? And if it's Topper as the logo, I'm more than in! Topper is Weber history just as much as the iconic red kettle is. So I have zero issues with the logo.

greenweb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: March 23, 2017, 07:01:48 AM »
At the end of the day, who gives a s#!? about tacos or bolt on handles. It's gonna be FRIGGIN BRIGHT RED! For the first time in 18 years. A new kettle from Weber in Red!! Only question I have is how did they swing the environmental aspects of the red porcelain? Maybe worked out a temporary deal with a disposal contractor? Who knows! But I'm pumped!

I had the same question. I am thinking they have come up with more environment friendly red porcelain composition similar to all auto manufacture going to a water base paint.  I hope not, but very possible the red porcelain will not look anywhere near the bright Red of past. Maybe thin finish like on a Slate or even not really bright in color. Lets hope not.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #47 on: March 23, 2017, 07:04:58 AM »
At the end of the day, who gives a s#!? about tacos or bolt on handles. It's gonna be FRIGGIN BRIGHT RED! For the first time in 18 years. A new kettle from Weber in Red!! Only question I have is how did they swing the environmental aspects of the red porcelain? Maybe worked out a temporary deal with a disposal contractor? Who knows! But I'm pumped!

I had the same question. I am thinking they have come up with more environment friendly red porcelain composition similar to all auto manufacture going to a water base paint.  I hope not, but very possible the red porcelain will not look anywhere near the bright Red of past. Maybe thin finish like on a Slate or even not really bright in color. Lets hope not.

I do anticipate a matte finish if recent history is an indicator. I won't be surprised if it is. I also anticipate green and black to go matte finish in the coming years but I could be wrong.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 07:06:51 AM by Craig »

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2017, 07:12:30 AM »
Currently, not one of the options...

"I am also guessing that if logoed will be on the handle or on the taco shell somehow."

So you're saying it's going to have the logo printed on the lid in some fashion?  Forgive me if I should know this, but is this "Topper" cartoon guy a part a Weber marketing from the past?

Yes! Topper was Weber Bros Metal Works original grilling mascot through the 1950s. I'd be honored if he's going to be featured on the lid of this beautiful new red.

Wow.  That's really cool then .. I tried Googling it before I asked the question, but didn't know what Topper was ... Once you said "mascot", that did the trick.  Found him quickly.. I think it would be great to have a red head with him on the lid.

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2017, 07:14:32 AM »
Option 2 -less prominent Topper on the bezel.  Most of the "Bobs" like this option best.  available early Q4....

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2017, 07:16:30 AM »

Option 2 -less prominent Topper on the bezel.  Most of the "Bobs" like this option best.  available early Q4....

I like that too! But I'm game for either option.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:08 AM »

I still question this .. There are red grills on the market being sold today.  Albeit they are most surely all made in China where we know environmental regulations are not like here.  Hopefully that isn't the case with these LE grills ....

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2017, 07:20:17 AM »
True bright red for now...not matte

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #53 on: March 23, 2017, 07:22:04 AM »

You mean the thermometer bezel?

In your opinion, does it pay to track down a pre-order now, ie "before May 12" or is it best to wait?

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #54 on: March 23, 2017, 07:31:27 AM »
Pre-orders are now because it is not being made here (Far East). Made there because of environmental issues for the bright red finish.  I would pre-order..

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »

In your opinion, does it pay to track down a pre-order now, ie "before May 12" or is it best to wait?
Where did you see the option to pre-order? I inquired about it using the online form on their website but haven't heard back

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2017, 07:33:15 AM »
Yes, thermo bezel.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2017, 07:38:09 AM »
Pre-orders are now because it is not being made here (Far East). Made there because of environmental issues for the bright red finish.  I would pre-order..
Oh. So it is being made over seas. Makes sense.  But not optimal. :(

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2017, 07:38:54 AM »
Yes, thermo bezel.

Nice.

Jet300

• WKC Brave
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2017, 07:40:35 AM »

Where did you see the option to pre-order? I inquired about it using the online form on their website but haven't heard back

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app
Just what was posted in the ad.  Pre order by May 12 with their phone #.