Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Video- Quality Grill Parts Heavy Duty Charcoal Baskets vs Stock Weber Baskets  (Read 4093 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
Just got my Quality Grill Parts Charcoal Baskets and I'm Very Pleased.  Put together a little comparison video for you guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PM6sAqls1c

x
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
Awesome video, Joe! Thanks for sharing.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Looks like those will last forever.

I assume the weber baskets are made if aluminized steel. Same thing that the ash sweeps and chimneys are made out of.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Bob Ivey

• Smokey Joe
I have had these for a few weeks and I love them.  They are solid and very well built.  Don't think I will have to replace these for a very long time.  Waiting on delivery on their stainless steel grate for my Performer.  Probably going to order their grill for my WSM also.
Bob Ivey

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
@captjoe06 have you had a chance to use them yet? I was wondering how many unlit briqs' it holds compared to the Weber.
Thanks for the review.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
@captjoe06 have you had a chance to use them yet? I was wondering how many unlit briqs' it holds compared to the Weber.
Thanks for the review.
I haven't Travis.  I will when I get a chance but probably won't be for a couple weeks as I'm finally off work after a loooong season and they are down the dock.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
Cool. Enjoy your time off, bud.

70monte

• WKC Brave
I was going to get a set of those but I still have four NIB sets of the Weber ones that I bought at Lowes a few years ago for $5 each plus a couple of used sets outside.  I will probably never go through the ones I have.

Wayne

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
I was going to get a set of those but I still have four NIB sets of the Weber ones that I bought at Lowes a few years ago for $5 each plus a couple of used sets outside.  I will probably never go through the ones I have.

Wayne

Some grills I get off CL come with baskets and I'll usually keep them if I flip the grill. The SS ones look great but like you it will be a while before I wear these ones out. I could use some bigger ones though.

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ

Wayne

Some grills I get off CL come with baskets and I'll usually keep them if I flip the grill. The SS ones look great but like you it will be a while before I wear these ones out. I could use some bigger ones though.
I light up my workhorse 5-6 times a week throughout lobster season.  I've purchased or have been gifted  more BBQ gadgets than I'd care to admit that are stored away.   My thought process was more about treating myself to what is an item that will get used many many many times and is a staple of my BBQ process over 85% of my cooks- the charcoal baskets.  I don't have the means to outfit all my kettles with these awesome charcoal baskets but on the workhorse that I use so much I figure I'd treat myself to the best.  I've spent $30 at the pub on a whim pleeeenty of times, this $30 is something I'll get to enjoy an average of 5 days a week for 2/3 of the year.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod

Wayne

I light up my workhorse 5-6 times a week throughout lobster season.  I've purchased or have been gifted  more BBQ gadgets than I'd care to admit that are stored away.   My thought process was more about treating myself to what is an item that will get used many many many times and is a staple of my BBQ process over 85% of my cooks- the charcoal baskets.  I don't have the means to outfit all my kettles with these awesome charcoal baskets but on the workhorse that I use so much I figure I'd treat myself to the best.  I've spent $30 at the pub on a whim pleeeenty of times, this $30 is something I'll get to enjoy an average of 5 days a week for 2/3 of the year.

Def sounds like $$$ well spent!

TheDude

• WKC Performer
Mine just arrived today. Holy crap! Theses things are beastly. Few more sets, and I'm set for life. Buy these things, now.
Still need a 22” yellow

Troy

• Statesman
nice vid dude!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
I recently had a chance to see these things in person. I can't imagine that you would ever wear these things out, as they are heavy duty for sure. Very well made!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
nice vid dude!

if you're looking for content feel free to use it on the WKC Blog