Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Video- Quality Grill Parts Heavy Duty Charcoal Baskets vs Stock Weber Baskets  (Read 4090 times)

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
nice vid dude!

if you're looking for content feel free to use it on the WKC Blog

I think this would be great to put on the blog, I will talk to @Troy and see what we can write up.

I may mock something up and send it your want for any of your input.  I think it would be great to get a could of how many briquettes each can hold.  THe SS ones look like they might hold a little less.

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Weber baskets are aluminized steel. Same as the ash sweeps. I would like to see stainless ash sweeps available.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
I thought the new H drive ash sweeps were stainless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Video- Quality Grill Parts Heavy Duty Charcoal Baskets vs Stock Weber Baskets
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2017, 04:53:25 AM »
I thought the new H drive ash sweeps were stainless.

Nope. Watch the grill overview video on the master touch on weber's site. They are aluminized steel.

I don't mind the aluminized steel as I have gotten 10 years of heavy use out of mine and while they still function, they are rusting and will need replaced in the near future.  I think the number one thing that ruins the sweeps and seizes them up on used grills that we find is lack of use and when people leave the lid off and let rain mix with the ash rust the sweeps at the attachment point. I leave my ots exposed but I have always kept the lid on with damper shut. It drives me crazy when I see weber grills out in the open with the lid hanging. I think my sweeps will continue to function for a long time to come but when the aluminized coating wears off, they do not operate as smoothly and crap sticks to them worse making cleaning harder and more frequent.

The aluminized last well and are adequate but stainless would be a nice upgrade if it were available.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 04:55:03 AM by HoosierKettle »

kettlebb

• WKC Ambassador
You're right bud. Thought I read they were stainless somewhere but nope. After replacing my old ones I'm much more diligent about using foil and drip pans for every cook.

Looking for: Red MBH 26"(The Aristocrat), Chestnut-coppertone (The Estate), Glen-blue (The Imperial), and The Plainsman.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
   Got my SS ash sweeps from weber two or three weeks ago so they available dont know the p/n off hand and I'm at work.

Sent from my SM-J700P using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Video- Quality Grill Parts Heavy Duty Charcoal Baskets vs Stock Weber Baskets
« Reply #21 on: February 15, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
   Got my SS ash sweeps from weber two or three weeks ago so they available dont know the p/n off hand and I'm at work.

Wow thanks!  Looks like they had them on certain models for a period of time. Part number 90720. Ereplacement does not have them and are listed as obsolete. Maybe weber still has some?

Sorry for the thread drift capt.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
   And I repeat weber has them!!!!!!

Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.