Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Angel food cake  (Read 994 times)

irv39

• WKC Brave
Angel food cake
« on: June 23, 2016, 12:01:27 PM »
Cooked a angel food cake today ( my favorite )

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
Re: Angel food cake
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 12:34:48 PM »
Looks really good. Could you post the recipe if you don't mind?
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2016, 01:09:50 PM »

Sure, its just Duncan Hines box angel food cake mix, i tried other brands but they don't compare to Duncan Hines, just make sure your charcoal is burning clean and they will turn out great, my sister in law says it taste better than cooking in the oven, also if you get a angel food cake pan don't get a non stick pan, you need a pan that it sticks to the sides and when cooled just take  knife and go around  the pan and turn over push it down its suppose to stick to the pan, that's why you don't want a non stick pan,  I  think if you try it you will really like it. hope I made sents, i'm eating a piece right now with a beer :) the pan i bought I had about 5 years I think it cost about 12.00.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 01:12:46 PM by irv39 »

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2016, 01:17:50 PM »

Sure, its just Duncan Hines box angel food cake mix, i tried other brands but they don't compare to Duncan Hines, just make sure your charcoal is burning clean and they will turn out great, my sister in law says it taste better than cooking in the oven, also if you get a angel food cake pan don't get a non stick pan, you need a pan that it sticks to the sides and when cooled just take  knife and go around  the pan and turn over push it down its suppose to stick to the pan, that's why you don't want a non stick pan,  I  think if you try it you will really like it. hope I made sents, i'm eating a piece right now with a beer :) the pan i bought I had about 5 years I think it cost about 12.00.

Makes plenty of sense. Thanks!
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2016, 04:51:20 PM »
What do you top it with, irv? Strawberry preserve? Cherry? Your in law has a good sense for grilled/baked goods, obviously. Good job, bud!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

irv39

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »
Just eat it plain.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2016, 06:57:27 PM »
Sounds great! I'd probably wanna go with lump over briquettes for baked goods. I can't remember the last time I had angel food cake...