Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many kettles do you need!  (Read 5676 times)

JDD

• WKC Ranger
How many kettles do you need!
« on: March 09, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
I keep getting this question.  Not only from my GF every time I bring another one home but also from friends, family, and neighbors every time they see my collection.  So I started thinking, just for cooking, no other reason, how many do I need?   Actually, I only need 1 or two.  How many could I use is a better question? Well here is how many I could use in a perfect situation:
One Ranch – for large parties, one 26” - for smaller get together, one 22” Performer for everyday use, one 22” OTG for everyday use, one 18” for eating alone, another 22” Performer dedicated to gourmet grate and accessories, one 22” dedicated to rotisserie ring, one 22” dedicated to shish kebob ring, one 22” dedicated to kettle pizza, one JJ for tailgating, one SJ for tailgating It turns out I could use 11 kettles.  I know this sound a little extreme but it is the ideal situation. It’s kind of like if you are a avid fishermen, you keep many fishing poles all rigged for different types of fishing, this way you don’t have to cut and tie or change fishing line every time your fishing type or strategy changes.
May The Smoke Be With You!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Re: How many kettles do you need!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2016, 02:00:53 PM »
You ask me "how many kettles do you need"? I say how many have you got for me.

You have no need to justify yourself here. This here be the little corner of the universe where we do not have to explain our Weber obsession to anybody.......damn it.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2016, 02:29:54 PM »
"It's either kettles, or Crack. You let me know asap."  Seems to catch 'em off guard.

Keep on acquiring the NECESSARY kettles!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2016, 03:03:45 PM »
shitty neighbor at old house rudely asked me that question over the wall.

I tried being polite, but he was being insulting as hell.

When he ignored everything I said and stated, "I just can't understand WHY you have so many"
I snapped back, "I can't understand why YOU are bothered by MY belongings"

We never spoke again.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2016, 03:23:29 PM »
shitty neighbor at old house rudely asked me that question over the wall.

I tried being polite, but he was being insulting as hell.

When he ignored everything I said and stated, "I just can't understand WHY you have so many"
I snapped back, "I can't understand why YOU are bothered by MY belongings"

We never spoke again.

Unless you got them piled up in the front yard who cares.  Mind your own business.  Hopefully the new house has better neighbors.

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2016, 03:27:13 PM »
Not everything is about need.  I didn't need to get married, but I did, and I love my wife.  I didn't need to have two kids.  For that matter, I didn't need to have any kids, but I love my two daughters.  So do I need so many grills? Who gives crap! I love my grills.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2016, 03:29:01 PM »
I have figured out a way to get this down to the absolute minimum number of "cookers". I need one 26" for larger cooks of chicken wings (when you cook a lot, they dont get as crispy when you pack them close together on a 22"). I need one 18" Kettle for smaller cooks or side items. I need one crappy 22" for the high heat vortex or Kettle Pizza cooks (or to use if its sprinkling). I need my Platinum or Performer because you need a table all the time. I need a Smokey Joe for the small cooks when it is raining hard so I can do it on the porch. I need a Jumbo Joe for when it is raining and its a little larger cook so I can do it on the porch. I also need a gasser for when we get home from Church on Saturday nights and its late and dark and I can grill something super quick. Obviously I need the other 30 or so "Lookers" I have on shelves going around my garage so it gives me a little joy befire heading to work. Now with that being said, I also need my offset for relaxing in the warmer months and unwinding from a stressful work week while enjoying a few cold ones. I obviously had to have a Blackstone as it is a breakfast machine and that is my wife's favorite meal. I also need a UDS and WSM for smoking when I dont want to babysit the offset. Yep...all of that is on my patio. I always feed the neighbors and they never complain (Thank goodness).

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2016, 04:29:11 PM »
My ideal number ???      Many more than I currently have ;D    I'm now at 18.                           SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2016, 04:37:21 PM »
I stopped continuously engaging in these inquiries because I don't feel the need to justify my hobbies to anyone else. The most I'll say is that I enjoy it as much as other hobbies that are significantly more expensive. I've also asked my wife to stop bringing up my Weber collection in public conversation because those conversations are never productive.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2016, 04:37:51 PM »
Currently?

1 more...

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2016, 05:05:52 PM »
I currently have eight kettles. So nine. I need nine kettles.

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2016, 05:11:53 PM »
My wife asked me the same question.  I asked about the 20 pairs of shoes in her closet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2016, 05:15:08 PM »
Lol I love shoes and my kettle hobby is much cheaper.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 05:18:21 PM »
How many do I "NEED"?..all of 'em!
Well except for the ones i have yet to aquire...after i aquire them, I will find a need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

fdeange

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 05:44:48 PM »
I answer my wife with a question...how many purses and pairs of shoes do you need? That's how many kettles I need