Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many kettles do you need!  (Read 5677 times)

tb80

• WKC Ranger
Re: How many kettles do you need!
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2016, 06:48:32 PM »
Well, in all honesty, I only NEED one 22" kettle to do 90% of my cooks. I WANT the other 9+ because it is fun, is my hobby, and each kettle has a specific use for a specific type of cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »
People ask me that and I always tell them the same thing, "Just one more." Even when I get a new one and they ask me again I say "Just one more."

When they ask my wife, she tells them "I look on the bright side. It could be cars."

That being said my only current wishes are a 26" kettle, 22 WSM and the 1 in a bajillion chance of tripping over a Meats kettle.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2016, 07:43:57 PM »
Love this post! I'll stick with the NEED! My girl makes fun, but now that I'm at the point of letting one go... She won't let me. Let's face it, she's got the bug. My friends and family make fun, but when I offer to cook, no complaints. That being said.. Need and want, are both four letter words.

I like to cook as much as I can on my kettles. Steaks, chops, burgers, etc... On one. Sides on another. Two 22's are a must. Not a fan of 18's. Thought I needed a 22" WSM, but now that I got the 18" home, she's plenty. So I NEED two 22"s and an 18" WSM. I have four 22"s and an 18" WSM. Couldn't survive without my OTP. Could be replaced by a preformer.
Still need a 22” yellow

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 07:17:50 AM »
For most of the cooking I do I could maybe squeeze by with two 22.5" kettles, four 18.5" WSMs, and a vintage Weber Wok.

But then I wouldn't be able to tell people that I have 26 (soon to be 27) Weber charcoal cookers and my wife wouldn't have anything to piss and moan about. And let's be honest here, where in the hell is the fun in that?

Of course, I would have a lot more room in the Taj MaWeber, but usable space can be overrated.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Tommy B

• WKC Brave
    • @tommybrooker
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2016, 08:00:12 AM »
I think you only NEED one kettle to cook on.... I have (2) 22'' kettles, (1) 18.5 kettles, (1) performer, (3) SJ's, (1) 18 WSM and (1) Mini WSM... soooooo
Hotty Toddy!

Craig

• WKC Mod
How many kettles do you need!
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2016, 09:19:52 AM »
My response...... Some people collect classic cars, I collect classic kettles because I have more room for grills than cars. I get it that most people don't "understand" or "get it" but at the end of the day if they have a problem with it I say to hell with them if they are bothered by MY hobby that I am happy with. I used to let it bother me but now not only do I not give 1/10th of a damn what people think, I'm proud of my hobby. I've gotten other neighbors cooking on kettles and charcoal again so guys and gals like us can't be all that bad. I keep my grills clean and wiped down, I line up up out back like soldiers (lids and vents facing the same direction) and cover them when not in use. The rest stay lined up against the wall in the garage with all lids and vents facing the same direction....ok maybe that's a little weird but I'm major OCD that way.

If I had to narrow it down to "need" it would be one 18, one 22, one 26 and a WSM. The 26 would see the most use for sure.

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2016, 09:26:37 AM by Craig »

RSHU

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2016, 11:57:53 AM »
This is why I love this place, we all think the same when it comes to loving our grills! I think I'm up to 15 now...

Bbqmiller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2016, 02:03:17 PM »
Yea - when my wife ask about the number of kettles I have/need I tell her it is less expensive than my other hobby - old fender tube amps

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2016, 06:27:16 PM »
I only need one. Alas, I want many, especially Smokey Joes.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2016, 04:35:22 AM »
The rest stay lined up against the wall in the garage with all lids and vents facing the same direction....ok maybe that's a little weird but I'm major OCD that way.

@Craig that's exactly how I store mine, I don't think it's weird...

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2016, 07:11:08 AM »
You know it's bad when the kettles we own get more love and attention than other things around the house like gutters, pulling weeds, washing the car etc..

Sent from an Aqua Blue Western Electric Model 500.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2016, 12:46:49 PM »
Why wash the car? It's gonna rain eventually.

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »

so i have 6. 

back ups, so critical.   
I only use kettles with lid bales.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2016, 04:06:47 PM »
Yeah man. All I NEED is 1 but....

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2016, 05:41:16 PM »
The rest stay lined up against the wall in the garage with all lids and vents facing the same direction....ok maybe that's a little weird but I'm major OCD that way.

@Craig that's exactly how I store mine, I don't think it's weird...

I think that it's weird. But I never thought of it, and now that is in my brain and I'll probably start doing it.