Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105617 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #195 on: March 26, 2016, 11:00:22 AM »
@jcnaz,  Did you notice that the Weber Charcoal Kettles were last seasons colors ???    Did you also notice that they still advertise, as new in box, the #7409 !!!                                 SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Hofy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #196 on: March 26, 2016, 04:40:21 PM »
This tease was just posted by Weber on Facebook.

EE Kettle, 1974 JBK-360 Key Lime "The Fairway" , DR Genesis Gold

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #197 on: March 26, 2016, 04:55:01 PM »

Hey it turns out I already have one of these G.O.A.L.'s!

@Jeff's G.O.A.L.

This is a project that I've been working on here and there for the last 4 months or so. 
I was trying to think of a creative name for it, but I guess Stainless Steel Super Smokey Mountain with gas assist will do (SS SSM).  I was lucky enough to have a custom sprayed 22" WSM shell offered up to me.  The color is burgundy.  Basically its a WSM center section and lid, matched up to a gas ignition Performer bowl, onto a stainless Performer table. 
Some of the upgraded areas included a Cajun Bandit stainless steel door, addition of a high temp Nomex gasket behind the Cajun Bandit Door, and on the top of the center section where the lid rests on.  Also replaced the original WSM door latch with a new compression style latch.  With this latch, and the Nomex gasket, this door is super tight and leak free.  A nice upgrade to probably what was the weakest link of the WSM.  Lastly, what project would be complete without a nice set of Brian's (Zavod's) custom handles?! 
Special thanks to a friend that was generous enough to offer the custom shell up.
Thanks to Brian for having an SS Performer cart at the right time in amazing condition to use, and a sweet set of handles.
A huge thanks to RR for a super generous gift in parts to get me close to finishing this project up.

Here are the photos.  Hope you all enjoy them.  You will notice the first bunch of photos were taken out of the direct sun, the last bunch were taken with the sun out.

@SixZeroFour's G.O.A.L

For some time now I have wanted to custom build a WSM cart out of performer frame, but wanted to do something special rather than just bolt it together and be done with it. 

Well, after some planning, testing and tweaking I have finally come up with my own personal dream smoker 8)

Modifications:

- New Style Ash Catcher Assembly
- 3M DiNoc Carbon Fibre Wrapped Front Plate
- 2015 Metal Performer Table
- Lid Bale Deleted and Capped with Acorn Nuts
- Added Lid Handle With Hooks
- Rear Legs are UNMODIFIED! kettle legs - only painted and bent to the shape of the leg
- Added a reinforcing sleeve over the rear axle to keep the legs at the correct distance and prevent flexing
- The new Black Maverick 733 also arrived just in time

On to the pictures because that's really what you want to see anyways 8)

« Last Edit: March 26, 2016, 05:44:09 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #198 on: March 26, 2016, 05:21:22 PM »
I just realized... What if it has a taco handle?
Still need a 22” yellow

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #199 on: March 27, 2016, 06:33:00 AM »

Hey it turns out I already have one of these G.O.A.L.'s!
Jeff's G.O.A.L.
SizZeroFour's G.O.A.L

I got it one piece at a time
And it didn't cost me a dime
You'll know it's me when I come through your town
I'm gonna ride around in style
I'm gonna drive everybody wild
'Cause I'll have the only one there is around.

;D
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #200 on: March 27, 2016, 06:35:05 AM »
I just realized... What if it has a taco handle?

That would be the least of my "worries" about it.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

SixZeroFour

« Reply #201 on: March 28, 2016, 07:03:41 AM »
Another teaser shot with a little better view of the lid:

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

« Reply #202 on: March 28, 2016, 07:05:46 AM »
That lid vent looks very robust... I wonder if it has a built in temp controller?

Also if the two models are $500 apart, perhaps two sizes?

Guess we'll find out in just over a week. And how cruel is this, it drops the day after my b-day.... Weber you are evil, with perhaps a little bit of genius mixed in :o
« Last Edit: March 28, 2016, 07:38:47 AM by SixZeroFour »

magonzo

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #203 on: March 28, 2016, 07:28:48 AM »

$149 + $399 + $399!
Rescued SSP Red, OTS, Jumbo Joe, Genesis Silver B, Weber Q, GnGo Anywhere

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #204 on: March 28, 2016, 07:38:40 AM »
That lid vent looks very robust... I wonder if it has a built in temp controller?

Matt it's only built up that way because each one is constructed from vintage, stacked small-tab lid vents culled from donor Westerners.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #205 on: March 28, 2016, 07:50:25 AM »
Was just thinking, if this is a Summit Charcoal 10000LX (for example) for $2K or $2.5K, then there should still be room in the lineup for ...

VIELUXE Charcoal

from the brochure:

"VIELUXE comes with a new and complete, token kamado grill that you immediately throw away. Weber Charcoal Kiln Accessory sold separately. Also, you have 3-year and 5-year lease options."

SixZeroFour

« Reply #206 on: March 28, 2016, 10:42:09 AM »
Matt it's only built up that way because each one is constructed from vintage, stacked small-tab lid vents culled from donor Westerners.

lol

I just found a leaked image of the new cooker. Looks like @Winz has been on the design team and holding out on us this whole time.

;D ;D ;D

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #207 on: March 28, 2016, 11:13:30 AM »
I'd say you're right, and the optional nitro bottle supposedly makes it cook faster than a microwave. The built in Maverick and sat TV service are both welcome niceties, but what the heck is the gopher doing?

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #208 on: March 28, 2016, 12:26:03 PM »

Is that a Gerbil in the ash ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #209 on: March 28, 2016, 01:23:23 PM »
@Idahawk    Technically speaking, I think it's a Gerbil "sweeping" the ash w/ a small broom :)   ;D                                SJ

PS  Why so many identical post(s), Why so many identical post(s), Why so many identical post(s), Why so many identical post(s), Why so many identical post(s) ???
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".