Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105555 times)

SixZeroFour

Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #345 on: April 06, 2016, 06:06:34 AM »
 ???

To be honest I was expecting a lot more considering the price... No built in digital therm? (I guess this won't be compatible with the wifi app) You could buy a brand new Performer and a brand new 22.5" WSM for substantially less money and the only difference is double walled? Man, maybe I over hyped it myself but to me it's just a smoker on a wheeled cart, no? :/

Maybe the pricing info is out to lunch? I know two separate Canadian dealers who confirmed the numbers I was given...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:15:33 AM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #347 on: April 06, 2016, 06:10:18 AM »
Yeah, I don't see any prices yet. 

...not that I'm going to buy one, just wondering how long I'll need to wait before I can afford a used one.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

dmbrill

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #348 on: April 06, 2016, 06:13:25 AM »
trying to find one locally to check out today.  Dealer locator specific to the summit charcoal on their site is crashing...

Curious what the price point really will be....

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #349 on: April 06, 2016, 06:14:18 AM »
Weber Canada article:  Price is $1,999 and $2,499

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/weber-peaks-launch-ultimate-summit-140000165.html

VAUGHAN, ON, April 6, 2016 /CNW/ - The Company that ignited a backyard revolution in 1952 with the late George Stephen's invention of the iconic Weber kettle grill is proud to introduce the ultimate charcoal #GrillofaLifetime!  After years of extensive research and development, Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's premier manufacturer of charcoal, gas and electric grills and grilling accessories, today announced the debut of the first-ever Weber Summit Charcoal Grill.

"With charcoal being the fastest growing segment in outdoor grills, and with 46%* of Canadians ranking charcoal grills their top choice for flavour, the time is right to introduce this premium, multi-purpose Weber grill into the Canadian market," said Patricia Larez, Vice President of Marketing, Weber-Stephen Canada."

Built with Weber DNA and made by grillers for grillers, the uniquely designed Summit Charcoal Grill offers an abundance of desirable features in one sharp looking grill, providing backyard chefs with convenience, versatility and quality under one durable lid.   "As its name implies, the Summit Charcoal Grill is top-of-the-line offering consumers ultimate control and convenience to guarantee perfect results each and every cookout, whether using the Direct, Indirect, or low and slow cooking methods.  It's the only grill of its kind in Weber's charcoal line and will appeal to both charcoal and gas grillers, making the new Summit Charcoal a grill of a lifetime!" added Larez.

The Summit Charcoal Grill combines three of the best grilling features found in the original Weber Kettle, the innovative Performer grill and the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker, in one-multi-functional, ultimate charcoal grill. Available in black, the Weber Summit Charcoal Grill is available at select Canadian stores and is priced at $1,999.99 (MSRP).

Consumers will have the option to upgrade to the Weber Summit Charcoal Grilling Centre which includes all of the features found on the Summit Charcoal Grill listed below plus a stainless steel tabletop and wire storage basket, diffuser plate storage area, and Char-bin storage container that holds up to 20 lbs. of charcoal (MSRP $2,499.99).

Attributes and highlights of the Summit Charcoal Grill include:

Attributes:

Weber Kettle: Similar in design as the original Kettle, it incorporates a porcelain-enameled lid and bowl that is air insulated and double-walled which allows the grill to hold low, steady temperatures for long periods of time. And with a 24" diameter cooking surface, it offers 25% more cooking area than the standard Kettle grill.
Snap Jet Gas Grill Ignition System: Until now, this system was only available on the Weber Summit gas grill but is now available on the Summit Charcoal grill. Snap Jet Gas Ignition offers the convenience of a gas start— with the simple flick of a switch, your charcoal is lit within 15 minutes. Set it and forget it!
Smokey Mountain Cooker Smoker: Borrowing from the very best Weber Smoker, the Summit Charcoal Grill is also perfect for low and slow cooking.
Highlights:

Rapid Fire Lid Damper: Help ignite charcoal faster and brings temperatures up quickly during the cooking process – get grilling in 20 minutes!
Gourmet Barbecue System (GBS) Hinged Cooking Grate: This stainless steel cooking grate comes with a removable insert that is easily replaced with any of the available GBS system cookware accessories, transforming your grill into a complete cooking centre. Accessories include: wok, griddle, pizza stone, sear grate and poultry roaster. (Sold separately)
Cooking Zone Indicator: A large and easy to read lid thermometer indicates cooking zones such as low, medium and high to keep grilling informed of grill temperatures at all times.
Hinged Diffuser Plate – Helps maintain consistent low temperatures for slow cooking.
A free, downloadable copy of Weber's Charcoal Summit e-cookbook will be available to customers who register their Summit Charcoal Grill online. The cookbook includes 95 delicious recipes with colour photos and top grilling tips to make any outdoor chef a backyard hero!

Hi-res images available upon request. Visit www.webercanada.ca for more information.

To arrange an interview with Weber Grill Expert Chef Michael P. Clive, please contact Theresa Stahl tstahl@weberstephen.com or 905-336-5700.

*Weber-Stephen Canada Co. commissioned KeyStat Marketing to field the Canadian GrillWatch Survey.  Slightly over 1,000 grill owners throughout Canada completed the online survey during October 2015.  All respondents were over age 21 and owned one or more outdoor grills.
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #350 on: April 06, 2016, 06:15:42 AM »
US Prices: MSRP:  $1,699 and $2,299 respectively

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/374748551.html

PALATINE, Ill., April 6, 2016 /PRNewswire/ --    Weber-Stephen Products LLC, the world's leading manufacturer of outdoor gas and charcoal grills and grilling accessories, announces a new charcoal grill that combines the form and functions of the classic Weber kettle grill with the company's beloved Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker smoker to create a completely new grill option from Weber.

The new Summit® charcoal grill and Summit® charcoal grilling center (MSRP:  $1,699 and $2,299 respectively) will be available at select specialty retailers beginning April 6, 2016. Consumers can visit www.weber.com to find a dealer in their area.

"We are so excited to bring these new grills to our customers—providing true convection cooking that only Weber's trademarked round shape can provide," said Kim Lefko, Chief Marketing Officer, Weber-Stephen Products LLC. "Charcoal grill owners interested in smoking, and gas grill owners who long for the taste of charcoal now have the best of both worlds available to them."

Designed to provide ultimate control and hold steady temperatures for more than 10 hours of cooking, the Weber Summit charcoal grill will incorporate many unique features including multi-zone heat options, a hinged diffuser plate, a two-position fuel grate, an insulated lid and bowl for less charcoal consumption and better heat retention, and a slow cook/smoke bowl damper set-up that allows for three bottom vent positions.

In addition, the Weber Summit charcoal grills come with a Gourmet BBQ System cooking grate—a hinged cooking grate that features a removable center piece designed to fit a variety of Weber accessories, including a wok, griddle, and a poultry roaster.

The Weber Summit charcoal grill features 452 square-inches of cooking space, Snap-Jet gas ignition for easy lighting, a Rapidfire lid damper and built-in thermometer, a bottom wire rack for additional storage and the One-Touch cleaning system for easy ash removal. The Weber Summit charcoal grilling center will also include a stainless steel tabletop, wire basket and tool hook, along with a CharBin storage container.

For more information, visit http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime.

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #351 on: April 06, 2016, 06:18:39 AM »
Behold... The $1700 Weber Akorn
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #353 on: April 06, 2016, 06:20:10 AM »
I want one, just because I want one, but it would be hard for me to justify paying that price when I could by a Performer Deluxe and 22" WSM for $800 combined.

Also, my initial reaction is I actually think the Performer Deluxe looks better than the Summit Charcoal grill.  However, it may grow on me and my opinion could change.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 06:23:53 AM by tb80 »

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #354 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:09 AM »
Performer Deluxe is $400, the list on this has to be $700 to $800.  I have a feeling this will go the way of the Weber Vieluxe.

Maybe I am missing something but this thing does nothing for me.

*Update*
I just saw $1500 to $1700....

Wow sorry Weber you missed the mark on this.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #355 on: April 06, 2016, 06:21:29 AM »
So what can it do that my WSM or kettle can't do? For 2k I'll pass.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #356 on: April 06, 2016, 06:22:34 AM »
Thanks, @tb80 .  Really helpful information. 

Interesting that they bumped the grate size up, but only to 24"

And wow, I'm glad for the brand and hope they make zillions, but that's a really steep price point. Obviously marketed to people who are not me.  ;-)
One of the charcoal people.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #357 on: April 06, 2016, 06:23:07 AM »
Very versatile looking.  How cool would it be if it was RED!!!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #358 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:06 AM »
Pretty cool but think they are both about $1000 over their ideal price point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
« Reply #359 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:27 AM »
Thanks, @tb80 .  Really helpful information. 

Interesting that they bumped the grate size up, but only to 24"

And wow, I'm glad for the brand and hope they make zillions, but that's a really steep price point. Obviously marketed to people who are not me.  ;-)

Yeah surprised they didn't just reuse one of the 22 or 26 grates, all though making a new grill grate means they can introduce some summit only parts that we cant steal and summitize our 22 performers. 
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B