Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 105539 times)

effinUker

• WKC Brave
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #375 on: April 06, 2016, 06:44:11 AM »
i'll wait a couple seasons & buy a used one off craigslist.

CharliefromLI

• WKC Ranger
    • Long Island Weber Club
« Reply #376 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:02 AM »
If it was $500-700, try to figure out a way to get it.  At $1500, not even considering it....maybe some of the features will carry over to the regular kettles? 

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'd even go $ 800 but I don't see 2k for a grill. Time will tell.
Starting LineUp: Summit Charcoal Grilling Center, Ranch Kettle, Genesis E310, SJ Gold MiniWSM, the JETTLE,
Alumni: Performer Dlx, 22.5" WSM, 26" OTG, 18.5" WSM, 22" OTP

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #377 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:07 AM »
Meh.....

At least it will be easy to hold out for one to show up on CL for $100 a few years from now......after the yuppy bastard original owner figures out he doesn't like the "hassle" of cooking with charcoal. LOL
-Keith

demosthenes9

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #378 on: April 06, 2016, 06:46:49 AM »

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #379 on: April 06, 2016, 06:47:21 AM »
But just think about the WKC members 50 years from now who will all be oohing and aahing over this when someone picks one off CL.

"Holy Cow, a Summit Charcoal?!?! And my dopey grandfather thought a Meats Kettle was rare!"
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #380 on: April 06, 2016, 06:47:48 AM »
How much is a 24" big green egg?

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #381 on: April 06, 2016, 06:51:07 AM »
To be clear:  I don't begrudge anyone who buys one of these.  I'm jealous of them!  And I'll definitely bring the beer (or champagne?) if they will let me cook on it. 
One of the charcoal people.

Jtayres

• WKC Brave
« Reply #382 on: April 06, 2016, 06:51:44 AM »

I know they are going for the high end market, but this is not what people with $2K spend their money on. Even if rich dad really wants it, rich mom will veto based on the awkward looks alone.

I agree, The gasser summit grill center is much more elegant with looking with its doors and such. Not to mention those hooks look like an afterthought.
Kettles: 2015 Performer Deluxe (Green), 2001 One Touch Platinum, 1999 Performer gas assist, 1991 Smokey Joe Gold (Green) Gasser: Genesis Silver B

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2016, 06:52:55 AM »
I do like the fact Weber is trying to innovate in the charcoal space.  There's obviously a market, big green egg sells like crazy and Komado as well, they are obviously targeting that market. 

^^^ This!

I'm trying to be open minded and not just instantly poo-poo this grill just because I can't afford it.  When you compare this Summit to the Kettles we know and love there really are a lot of cool innovations.  Insulated, larger grate, hinged lid, gas assist ignition, intended dual-purpose...some cool stuff.  I know, I know nothing we all can't do on a $15 CL find, but I'll say this.  I smoked up great food on my kettle for years and never saw the big deal about a WSM...until I got one.  Why would anyone need the gas assist and table of a Performer?  Lazy Elitists!  Then I got one.  I can't see why I would need one of these for the price they are asking, but hopefully someday I'll prove myself wrong there too.

Like @zavod44 I'm just glad Weber is adding some innovation to the Charcoal segment of their business.  In one way or another, that's good for all of us.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2016, 06:57:04 AM »
I'm not going to be mad, this is designed for a whole different market, the standard kettles are small potatoes, which is what I like...

Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:47 AM »
Performer Deluxe is $400, the list on this has to be $700 to $800.  I have a feeling this will go the way of the Weber Vieluxe.

Maybe I am missing something but this thing does nothing for me.

*Update*
I just saw $1500 to $1700....

Wow sorry Weber you missed the mark on this.

The new Weber Kamado is cool! It looks like it fixes many of the gripes of a Big Green Egg which is likely what they are going for. If I were in the market for a high end charcoal cooker I would seriously give this one a look vs a Big Green Egg. The prices are similar once you are all in with the accessories.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

SixZeroFour

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2016, 07:00:07 AM »
IMO they could have done so much more with this product. Beyond the double walled construction and $20 lid hinge what are you paying a huge premium for here? (Summit name?) Even the tool holder looks like an afterthought and that they just threw it in the box so you had something to hang some tools on. I love all things Weber but feel they missed the mark on this one - at least at the price point they are shooting for.

W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #387 on: April 06, 2016, 07:02:17 AM »

I know they are going for the high end market, but this is not what people with $2K spend their money on. Even if rich dad really wants it, rich mom will veto based on the awkward looks alone.

I agree, The gasser summit grill center is much more elegant with looking with its doors and such. Not to mention those hooks look like an afterthought.

I agree with those cheap stamped utensil hooks. Totally unfitting for a grill of this caliber. However, I think they did an amazing job with the baseline Kamado. The tripod cart and kettle screams Weber DNA so kudos to them for that.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #388 on: April 06, 2016, 07:02:44 AM »
I'm not going to be mad, this is designed for a whole different market, the standard kettles are small potatoes, which is what I like...

Well said.....

Very cool that Weber is continuing to work on its charcoal line up.  THE premium grill company should be marketing a premium product.  I hope some of these innovations (e.g. double wall) make their way into the rest of the charcoal lineup.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #389 on: April 06, 2016, 07:03:59 AM »
So I know I am being overly critical here but the entry point for this is at the BGE price with loads of accessories, the only caveat being the size is larger than BGE standard.

I hope it does well, the percentage of 1 percenters has increased in the last 20 years so maybe there is a market.  :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"