Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza Que  (Read 2329 times)

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
Pizza Que
« on: February 08, 2016, 03:34:30 AM »
Made some pizza this weekend.  Used 1 full chimney of KBB and then added maybe 1/4 of another chimney of lump and some wood chunks.  Hit maybe 650 for about 30mins then it dropped down to 550 for another 30.  Didn't get any pics of pies before cooking but one was a fresh mozzarella and basil, the other just cheese, and my personal favorite garlic olive oil with blue cheese crumbles then top with cooked steak and arugula.

All in all it was pretty good.  Still not great next time need to add more lump to really get the temps up there.  I also found that the pizza was a lot better when still hot so need to eat quicker next time and not wait for them all to be done

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Pizza Que
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 08:23:33 AM »
Nice cook.  That white pizza looks awesome!   I usually do one when making pizzas and top with arugula, but have never thought about adding blue cheese, steak, or balsamic (I assume that is what it is).
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

mattmountz94

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2016, 09:47:18 AM »
Nice cook.  That white pizza looks awesome!   I usually do one when making pizzas and top with arugula, but have never thought about adding blue cheese, steak, or balsamic (I assume that is what it is).

Yep it's balsamic glaze. Try it next time such a good combo!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 02:43:14 PM »
Man, I wish we ate more pizza here, you guys got it looking great!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 06:39:39 PM »
Really good looking pizzas. Underside of crust looks nice and crispy. We picked up a couple of the pizza screens to fit our pans. My wife said they should help keep the crust crisp after coming off the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2016, 06:58:42 AM »
Really good looking pizzas. Underside of crust looks nice and crispy. We picked up a couple of the pizza screens to fit our pans. My wife said they should help keep the crust crisp after coming off the grill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I had a normal electic stove (have glass top stove now) I used to also put my pizzas on the larger burner to cool so the crust would stay crispy.  Now I either toss them in the oven, or put them on cooking cooling racks.  There is nothing worse than cooking a perfect pie then placing it on a solid surface and having the crust get soggy on you!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2016, 10:23:15 PM »
Steak and Arugula looks delicious! nice looking bottoms, also glad to see theres someone else who "freestyles" the crust, LOL, my friends comment that my pies aren't round. SO WHAT, they're edible!!  Great Job!
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 09:53:34 PM »
Great looking pies!