Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Burger Day  (Read 2438 times)

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
Burger Day
« on: June 20, 2015, 06:40:06 PM »
Did burgers today after installing a flip shelf and swapping out the hose on the Genesis. I was also putting some wood handles on a few Kettles...and seeing Craig's call for group shots I brought a few more out too.

If this wasn't a Weber I wouldn't be doing this:

I added crumbled blue cheese to the burger meat but my wife wanted it melted on top....so it got a hat to help the process:

This is as far as I got:

Dijon mustard first then onion slices, mushrooms, bacon, salt, pepper, arugula and a little mayo on the top bun:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 05:19:25 AM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Burger Day
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 06:46:16 PM »
That is one fine looking gasser, every family has a need for a decent gasser, making it a classic Weber is a must.

If I recall that lid was brighter colored, is it the color on the pic or does that do the color change?

Oh and this shot is very cool

I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 06:52:19 PM »
That is one fine looking gasser, every family has a need for a decent gasser, making it a classic Weber is a must.

If I recall that lid was brighter colored, is it the color on the pic or does that do the color change?

I agree that a descent gasser is good...this one in my mind is THE gasser. The lid does change color. I didn't have before and after shots in the same light so will do it another day...but it changes just like 90's era Red Kettles in that it deepens. When I dripped water on the lid it reverted to the brighter red till the water boiled away. How cool is that.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 09:53:23 PM »
Good looking burgers and a beautiful gasser!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

blieb

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 12:12:59 AM »
Heak of a stable you've got there!
Smokers:    WSM 22" | WSM 14.5"
Performers: Plum SS  | Red Fade SS

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:29 AM »
Why do I look at these pics before having breakfast ….  ??? ???  Burgers are making me drool.

That's a great group-shot.  8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2015, 05:41:11 AM »
Nice pics Hoss! You can't go wrong with a Weber gasser especially the older ones. They are solid cookin machines.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2015, 05:52:41 AM »
Great family shot and awesome looking burgers!

Cajun

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2015, 05:05:34 PM »
I'm totally impressed. I have an old gasser like yours. Love it! I wish I had the kettles you have, but I'm not really sure what I'd do with that many. One a day, like the vitamin.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2015, 08:15:18 PM »
I wish I had the kettles you have, but I'm not really sure what I'd do with that many.

But for the Smokey Joe I rotate. No cooker goes more than 2 months without a cook. Plus I do enjoy looking at them....I have the old ones in my man room.

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 06:02:12 AM »
Dang Mr.Hoss, great collection, love that last shot too, great angle!