Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Grill Roasted Clams  (Read 2372 times)

bbquy

• WKC Brave
Grill Roasted Clams
« on: April 30, 2015, 05:36:00 PM »
Some grilled clams a little butter and cocktail sauce that I did tonight on my Q . Sorry for the blurry pics.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Grill Roasted Clams
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2015, 05:47:51 PM »
So you split them before grilling? I have just thrown whole clams on there, wait until they pop, then throw a little butter/garlic whatever and let it settle a bit. I kind of like the idea of cracking them first to get the flavoring on there ASAP.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2015, 05:48:47 PM »
Look great by the way. I love clams. Oysters make a great grill too.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2015, 05:49:39 PM »
Ooh yeah we need to see more stuff like this. I sorta recognize the grate, what is it?
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »
I don't split the clams before grilling. I put them on the grate until they open up then take the top shell off. Once I take the shell of I put the butter and cocktail sauce on. When the sauce and butter start to bubble I take them off. I saw this done at an open air seafood restaurant in Guilford CT called "The place". They do it over an open pit.

The grate that I am using is the Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Stainless Steel Seafood Grilling Rack. It's about $20 on amazon. Below is a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Barbecue-Stainless-Grilling/dp/B0028Y4FCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430445571&sr=8-1&keywords=Steven+Raichlen+Best+of+Barbecue+Stainless+Steel+Seafood+Grilling+Rack

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2015, 06:25:21 PM »
I don't split the clams before grilling. I put them on the grate until they open up then take the top shell off. Once I take the shell of I put the butter and cocktail sauce on. When the sauce and butter start to bubble I take them off. I saw this done at an open air seafood restaurant in Guilford CT called "The place". They do it over an open pit.

The grate that I am using is the Steven Raichlen Best of Barbecue Stainless Steel Seafood Grilling Rack. It's about $20 on amazon. Below is a link to it.

http://www.amazon.com/Steven-Raichlen-Barbecue-Stainless-Grilling/dp/B0028Y4FCU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1430445571&sr=8-1&keywords=Steven+Raichlen+Best+of+Barbecue+Stainless+Steel+Seafood+Grilling+Rack

Thanks man.....don't do this often, but it's good to get the rundown from somebody who knows what they're doing !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2015, 07:28:25 PM »
No problem! When you decide to do it I hope you post some pics. I would love to see it!

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2015, 07:41:51 PM »
Sometimes I get so tired of living in the middle of a desert.

That looks great!
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2015, 08:24:51 PM »
Sometimes I get so tired of living in the middle of a desert.

That looks great!

Thanks jcnaz! Yes it nice to have great seafood but at least you didn't get 14ft of snow and a winter that lasted forever this year!

chuck s

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2015, 04:06:19 AM »
Great info - we moved from RI to GA 6 years ago and about the ONLY thing I miss is the price of clams!!  They are through down here.  We will try this sometime though....

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2015, 02:47:44 PM »
Great info - we moved from RI to GA 6 years ago and about the ONLY thing I miss is the price of clams!!  They are through down here.  We will try this sometime though....

Yeh but I bet crawfish is cheap down there!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2015, 06:17:48 AM »
Clams look great!

bbquy

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2015, 04:16:21 PM »
Thanks!