Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Doors on a SS Perf  (Read 1816 times)

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
Doors on a SS Perf
« on: March 17, 2015, 06:35:58 AM »
Has anyone here ever installed front doors on a SS Performer?  The opening is roughly 32" X 20".  Just wondering if some of the Weber gasser doors might fit the space.  Anybody tried this mod before?

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Doors on a SS Perf
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 06:53:57 AM »
Aw man, and hide the kettle? Remember, there's not actually a lot of shelf space there anyway, might as well leave 'er open.

But don't listen to me, I'm a naysayer. I bet it would look really cool if some doors fit. If not, a few old E-310 frames would make fine accessories.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Winz

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2015, 06:59:21 AM »
I have not tried it, but it sounds like a great mod and has the benefit of hiding the propane tank.  The frame provides a great anchor point for the doors.

Winz
In an ongoing relationship with a kettle named Bisbee.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2015, 07:52:46 AM »
i think it'd be cool. although the sides and back would still be open, which is a little odd

chain mail fireplace curtains would be kinda cool too!
something like THIS

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2015, 11:38:33 AM »
i think it'd be cool. although the sides and back would still be open, which is a little odd

something like THIS

My plan is to enclose the side and back too - find a metal shop to cut some SS panels for me.  I've got some funky plans for this grill.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2015, 11:46:01 AM »

something like THIS

My plan is to enclose the side and back too - find a metal shop to cut some SS panels for me.  I've got some funky plans for this grill.

sounds badass!

make sure you share the progress! =D

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2015, 01:36:16 PM »
Maybe you can put the kettle on the gasser frame and gasify it.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need