Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Sometimes you just feel like you are stealing.......  (Read 10126 times)

GregS

• WKC Performer
Re: Sometimes you just feel like you are stealing.......
« Reply #45 on: January 31, 2015, 05:36:33 AM »
GregS have you never gotten a good deal on a kettle through craigs list or otherwise and handed someone cash for it knowing its worth more?
apples and oranges to what we are discussing here. 

GregS has his opinion on the situation, it is different than mine and I am good with that. 
i don't think i've stated any opinions as of yet.  i pointed out my take on what happened and stated you had a decision to make, which you made. 

the only opinion i have on the matter is that the new MT and the new 26 lay waste to every "kettle" that's come before them.  finally us tall guys can grill without suffering lower back pain from bending over so far to flip a god dammned burger.   
I only use kettles with lid bales.

glrasmussen

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: January 31, 2015, 06:54:02 AM »
the only opinion i have on the matter is that the new MT and the new 26 lay waste to every "kettle" that's come before them.  finally us tall guys can grill without suffering lower back pain from bending over so far to flip a god dammned burger.

Amen!

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2015, 07:19:33 AM »
This thread seems to have morphed into "What do you do if you are undercharged"

Personally, if I am OVERcharged I complain so I feel that I (and no one else) should bring it to the cashier's/stores attention if I am UNDERcharged.  BUT if I don't like something about the cashier/store I don't.

Few things are black/white, so many shades of grey 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2015, 10:31:43 AM »
Greg, you avoidance and deflection skills would make you a great politician. You stated your opinion on page #2 saying you would take it back and pay the difference. And putting a guilt trip on Boldtz in the first place just rubbed me the wrong way which is why I chimed in. The validity of my question is centered around me asking you if you've ever paid less than the value of a kettle regardless of it was retail or off a private seller and if you have maybe you should look through your message history and shoot them a few bucks. And I apologize if that sounds rude you seem like a great guy and have been a solid contributor here long before my time I just feel you overstepped a little bit on this one and are now backtracking. 
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

SixZeroFour

« Reply #49 on: January 31, 2015, 10:43:16 AM »
Ok guys lets all take a step back for a second. Many different people have shared opinions and each is entititled to their own. There has been some really great discussion so far so let's not get sidetracked :) I don't think any feelings have been hurt up to this point so let's get back to the topic itself - no need to make things personal.

8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: January 31, 2015, 10:49:24 AM »
Yup......

....it does boil down to personal choice & each has their own......

"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2015, 11:53:05 AM »
I agree, let's not take this south and get personal, I encouraged the discussion to see what everyone thought.  I am comfortable in my skin and as a church going man, I am comfortable with the decision that I have made and what I did to inform the store.  Everyone is different, some people might think I am Satan spawn for doing what I did while other would say why didn't you buy the store out.

GregS love ya and appreciate your input,  AcrossfromHoss love ya and appreciate your input.  Let's keep it on the level otherwise I will feel awful for encouraging the discussion.

Now next topic, How do you feel about Obama?  No, no let's not get started.  :)
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2015, 12:00:34 PM »
Now next topic, How do you feel about Obama?  No, no let's not get started.  :)

His wife won't let him eat enough BBQ.....

« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 12:06:50 PM by 1buckie »
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"