Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Indirect Cooking System  (Read 1483 times)

Dale Benson

• WKC Brave
Indirect Cooking System
« on: December 09, 2014, 06:37:12 PM »
I picked this up the other day. Not that big of a deal but I thought I'd share here because one of the pieces referred to on the box as the Rapidfire Charcoal Grate is something I had not seen before, and don't recall seeing it mentioned here on WKC site.

Dale
Have 22" Yellow MBH will trade for 22" Lime :-)

SixZeroFour

Re: Indirect Cooking System
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
Very cool Dale - thanks for sharing some pics! This is the first I've ever seen of this design...
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2014, 07:23:02 PM »
They come standard on all kettles(except the compact) sold in OZ since the 90's. Also available for the 18's.
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2014, 12:19:08 PM »
I've seen a few pictures of that here. Always thought that grate was a neat idea, pockets to hold starter pieces without disrupting the holders siting on top. Since that kettle's charcoal grate doubles as the 18.5" WSM's lower cooking great it might be an interesting use there if smoking something smaller down there you don't want rolling around.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch