Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: ..and yet another first rotisserie cook  (Read 1573 times)

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
..and yet another first rotisserie cook
« on: July 02, 2014, 04:12:56 PM »
I bought a roti on CL last year for $40 and never used it. I don't know if it was because I was intimidated or what, but I had it and that was good enough at the time. We'll all this talk about rotisseries and seeing all the cook ups finally got me off my butt and I jumped in.

I bought a medium size chicken. Cleaned the pollen coated roti ring and skewer and got to work. Melted half a stick of butter and mixed in 2 tablespoons of weber garlic and herb seasoning.  Worked that under skin and brushed some on top of skin. 3/4 full chimney...baskets...water pan for dripings and moisture. .

I let it ride for 90 minutes at 425degrees ON THE DOME THERM!! I broke my digital.. lol.  It got pulled a little hot but it turned out really good.  Skin was nice and crisp. Juicy.. wife and I were impressed.

I will definitely be using it more. I would almost go so far as to say ..best chicken for me so far

Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: ..and yet another first rotisserie cook
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 04:34:14 PM »
Looks great!
I want a rotisserie as my next accessory.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 06:06:10 PM »
Wow that looks good.

mirkwood

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 06:31:04 PM »
The exact reason I was wanting one for the longest time, I used one for the first time around 2007
and loved it ( bought a 22.5 OTS with a roti off craigslist for 75 bucks for a girlfriend). The spun birds
that come off those things are pretty damn good IMHO. I'm glad your first cook with it turned out so
good..
AT Q 220 / CN Jumbo Joe / DZ 22 OTG / DZ 18.5 WSM / C&B AD Grass Green Performer Platinum / AD Dark Blue Performer Platinum / Black AD Performer Platinum / AD Charcoal Go Anywhere / P code Charcoal Go Anywhere

Welcome to the WKC, it's more than just a web site..

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »
Looks great!  I gots to get me a roti...  ;D

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2014, 08:52:11 PM »
Looks great!  I gots to get me a roti...  ;D

If one comes up on this side of town I'll grab it up for you
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

Cuda Dan

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2014, 09:19:23 AM »
MINIgrillin

Man that chick looked great. Mirkwood and MINIgrillin i'm looking out for a roti for my next purchase for the red  heads I want my chicken to turn out like how you guy have done!
I have talked to Argentflame to use his to make sure I want one for keeps or I should just rent it from him, haha.
Two '86 Red OT 22's (sold one G), '85 Red OT 22, '88 Red OT 22's, '93 Red MT 22 (aka Donna), '93 Red SS Performer (non-gas and non-casters), '02 Green OTP( my brother in law has it now), '04 Green OTG