Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rainy Day  (Read 1344 times)

Lerxst

• WKC Brave
Rainy Day
« on: May 03, 2014, 05:13:06 AM »
So, my plans are foiled it seems, or are they.  Forecast is for a rainy day.  I don't think it will pour, but will definitely rain a little.

What's the consensus on smoking ribs in the rain?  Not a good idea eh?

Anyone have any advice on how not to have rain spoil your weekend cooking plans?
"Woke up this morning thinking - what can I barbecue next!  This is fun!"

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: Rainy Day
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 05:44:45 AM »
Do you have a garage? I will move my cooker to the edge of the garage opening if it's raining.

I have also put a small foil pan upside down over the vent to prevent water getting in. Just duct tape it to the lid.

A heavy rain can affect the temperature of the cooker. By how much, it all depends on ambient temperature.

Don't let it get you down. The worst is behind us, eh?!! Cook on, my friend!  8) 8)
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

OoPEZoO

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 05:55:22 AM »
I have a little clamp on umbrella that is supposed to go to one of those fold up style chairs. I put up my B&D Workmate and clamp the umbrella to that. I use it that way for every overnight cook and if I am expecting rain. It works great

Found a pic
-Keith

Plant_City_Mike

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2014, 04:39:05 PM »
In Central Florida, it rains often and is extremely high humidity most of the time.  Ribs still come out nice!!  I think high moisture is a plus for us!!!  8)