Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Recommendations for a Foldable/Movable Prep Area, Work Table, or Storage?  (Read 2157 times)

ReanimatedRobot

• WKC Ranger
During larger cooks I require a nice fold out table (or two) that allows me to have a work space, an area to dish up, add toppings to pizza, and etc.  I had been using a 6 ft plastic fold up table, but to be honest it has kind of did some part time as a garage work bench.  The dirtiness of it probably doesn't make people feel the greatest about getting their food.  Plus it is kinda bulky and hard to take on the move.  Currently when I cook I do not have a nice patio or covered area where I can leave everything outdoors and a few times a year I will take my gear to cook elsewhere.  So everything kind of has to get set up and put away after everything is done.  I have browsed at camping tables on Amazon, but it isn't the easiest to make a choice when you can't see how the table is built and the price point.  I would also be interested to see any other products or storage people are using for their movable set ups as well. 

Any recommendations based on the following wants?
1.) Function (sturdy, good height, and etc.)
2.) Mobility
3.) Easy to clean and long lasting material.

Cost is always a consideration, but I don't mind paying a little more (not crazy prices) for something that really fits the bill.  I know some guys here frequently cook away from home so I was hoping you might have some cool mobile set ups that I am sure everyone is interested in seeing.

ISO: 18" & 22" Lime, 22" Cado, Plum SSP, Clean & Colored 18" for Midget Mod, and the usual Grails.

Walchit

• WKC Performer
Might as well build you a genesis table for at home! With a side burner.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:39:47 AM by Walchit »

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
Recommendations for a Foldable/Movable Prep Area, Work Table, or Storage?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2019, 07:02:59 AM »
This is my table. I’ve had it for years. It’s a 5’ lifetime. One side is for stoves or grills that could be hot. It also has a paper towel holder and the whole thing folds up small. I got it at Walmart in the camping section before amazon existed.

I have the tv on it during football season. Usually I keep a Coleman stove on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

HoosierKettle

• WKC Ambassador
After a brief look, this is the closest I could find. It doesn’t fold up as small but it’s bigger and looks like something I would like if you have room in your vehicle or patio area.

Lifetime Folding Tailgate Camp Table with Grill Rack, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XD1B28V/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_fGhRDb8GKZY93

Sent from my iPhone using Weber Kettle Club mobile app

lksdrinker

• WKC Brave
I like using the coleman pack away kitchen when I'm camping.  Little bit bulky/cumbersome when not in use and might be a tad expensive for "a table".  But definitely versatile.  I'm sure you could find cheaper than from Coleman directly....I got mine on Craigslist for about $50 if I recall.

https://www.coleman.com/pack-away-deluxe-kitchen/2000020275.html

Its amazing how quickly one weber kettle turns into more than a dozen!  Always open to grabbing something interesting so let me know what you've got!

jhagestad

• WKC Ranger
I like using the coleman pack away kitchen when I'm camping.  Little bit bulky/cumbersome when not in use and might be a tad expensive for "a table".  But definitely versatile.  I'm sure you could find cheaper than from Coleman directly....I got mine on Craigslist for about $50 if I recall.

https://www.coleman.com/pack-away-deluxe-kitchen/2000020275.html

I've often said that the most underrated grilling table accessory is the I-V pole.
Wife: Let me guess... you want to grill again

Cellar2ful

@dazzo can give you insight into using the Coleman pack away kitchen.  He usually brings it to the West Coast WKC spring flings and uses it as his work station.  Pretty cool set up as I've seen it in use.

"Chasing Classic Kettles"